Sub-4 Marathon Group

October 2013 (Read 41 times)

Just an FYI that I just created a new forum post for my really long RR.

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

Rusk Runner

Shadow - Glad your ankle is better and I look forward to hearing how MCM goes!

12 mellow miles today, HR is still high for some reason.  Time to do a short taper.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Good luck tomorrow, shadow runner!  I hope your ankle is 100% better.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

DetroitTigerFan

Hope all those MCM had a good race today !

PS - just posted my race pictures from last weekend (finally got em)

http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Great pics, DTF!

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Smashy!!!

DTF, I love the idea of running a HM with a first timer. I want to do that too. Just gotta find someone who'll put with my chatter. Wink Love the smirk on your face as you're crossing the finish line. Priceless.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

I didn't break the 4 hours, but it was a hard run race.  Awesome start with paratroopers and anthem.  Marines all along the course providing water, gatorade, gels, even dougnuts (?).  Then finally finishing to have a young marine hang the medal over my head and salute.  Overall time according to my GPS not "official" : 4:09:27.45.  Not too bad given ankle injury and loss of 3 weeks training.  But more important here is the bling {that is if I posted picture right}:

Marine Corps Marathon finisher medal.

Full race report in the Pre-dawn runners group: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/PDP/forum/Post/b6c536662fa94cec9b2366392fbcb9fd#focus

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

thanks again everyone - the picture company is behind schedule. I'll post some of those when they are ready

cbus - yeah, it's been a long and fun 2-3 years for this. I'll be taking a break from marathoning for at least the next year due to other things in life going on.  These 18 week plans are killers for social life.  I'll still run, but I may train for a shorter distance this next year.  I know HM plans where running 3 times a week will be adequate for what i'd like to do and provide enough balance in life.  Also, I'd really like to run with someone I can maybe mentor or help a runner who's just getting into running and then walk/run the Detroit HM with them next year type of thing,etc

paula - thanks ! I did take a 15-20 second walk break at mile 25, but I agree - at mile 22 ish I was having flashbacks of crashing in my past marathons.  I'll never forget the 4 hour pacer passing me last year at the same spot and being somewhat crushed by seeing that last year. I never look backwards when I go running, but was tempted to see if the 4 hr person was in sight - it would have been funny to see the person creeping up on me this year and then the true race begins Smile

docket - had to laugh - was actually thinking of you at mile 25 Smile THUNDERSTUCK came on my ipod - PERFECT TIMING !!!!! I had my ipod on shuffle. In review a lot of the good songs I wanted didn't play in the 4 hours. That's how it goes.  Ironically, speaking of - 2 women passed me around mile 18 and I heard them talking to each other "one I was running and thunderstruck came on my ipod and it was the best"  Apparently we are not alone !! Smile

Sorry I'm late but nice choice of music then!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, shadow!

Me, I finished MCM but lost a lot of time between the empty water stations and the potty line, so one of my slowest runs but I had a lot of fun.

Damaris

Rusk Runner

Great Job Shadow!!

Nice photos and blog DTF.  I didnt know about this blog before.

Got a 5 mile taper run in with 2 miles @ GHMP.  Feeling tired. I had better try to get more sleep tonight.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Shadow - congrats on the finish!

DTF - the last pic is pretty darn cool. Congrats!

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

DetroitTigerFan

Happy Halloween !!

shadow - nice photo and congrats again on the race - the medal is cool.  We had a guy at work who ran it and was telling me about being saluted at the end too !

cbus - lol - yeah i was smiling and that last 1/4 mile was pretty emotional for me.  It was strange to me after mile 22. I was expecting a huge crash just since my last 2 races were like that but some miracle happened where I stayed consistent and even passed a few folks. And lol - it was the first time i've been able to smile in my last few marathons. First one, a guy cut me off n front of my photo. Last year, i got sick at the end. So, this year was refreshing to have a success Smile

indy - yeah, i've had the blog out for a while to share photos. I also print it to a hardcover book each year as a souvenir of my running notes - it's fun to look back, plus if i run a marathon again, i can refer to my pace notes without digging up old info - nice reference

roll - i agree- i love the last photo at the ballpark. I parked there and walked a little bit to the race so we figured we'd get some fun photos at the ballpark. I also got one of me and a sad face since Boston won ALCS the night before. The funny thing is there was a Lions game going on and lots of Lions fans and their kids getting photos by the tiger as well

All - Thanks again for all your support over the years !   My posts here may be dwindling down. I've accomplished my goal from 3 years ago and will be taking a break from marathoning to do some other things in life.  I'll still be checking in to offer support from time to time. My running goals next year will be different. I may train for a half and just do some fun races around town. Like i was saying earlier, i may want to run with a friends who are beginners just for fun.  Thanks again for all your support and encouraging me to do my best during this journey. I wish everyone all the success in your own running goals and goals in life as well !

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Took off from work today for holy day, All Saints Day.  We had some thunderstorms blow thru but early and/or during church.  After church, I pulled on shorts and shoes and went for a run.  It was still drizzling with temps in the 60F's range so very humid but comfortable.  Basically it was a planned recovery run, or the begining of  my anti-taper after a marathon.

Route was an out and back for total of 2.2 miles.  Left ankle a little stiff and right knee a bit cranky but not too bad. [So doing some precautionary icing of ankle.]  Overall time and average pace were 17:07.24 or 7:46 min/miles.  Surprised myself with pace since was not planning on running sub 8's.

TGIF all.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum