Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 41 times)

mdawg87

I'm just getting over mine.  It kicked my butt pretty well for a couple of days.  I missed my long run Sunday and an easy run yesterday.  Did a slow 6 today and will try to do the HMP intervals tomorrow that had been scheduled for today.

Yesterday, I went straight home from work, ate something, did a little prep work for today, and went to bed...at 8:00 pm.  The sun was still up!  I do feel better today.  I was hoping I would as I had that strength run to do this morning at 5 am!.

PRs:  1:39:24 (HM)  3:47:02 (FM)

I got in my 10 miles today with 5 @15k-HM pace, which for me is 8:42-8:55.  My splits: 8:54, 8:51, 8:55, 8:45, 8:38.

Pfitz says LT workouts are typically 20-40 min, and "slower" runners should aim for closer to 15k pace.  So a ~45 min tempo run at 15k pace. Fast runners have it easier!

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:19:22 (Oct 2012)

mdawg87

SRD for me.  Rainy again today...boo...I'm hoping it will not further aggravate this stupid sinus thing I've got.  I think I've turned the corner on it and I don't want a relapse.

Paula:  I agree that faster runners do have some advantages when it comes to training paces.  I especially think they benefit on the LR as they can truly run it at a slower pace but still be clipping along.

PRs:  1:39:24 (HM)  3:47:02 (FM)

mdawg - I wish I went to bed at 8:00 yesterday. We had a volunteer thing at work yesterday where we went to Detroit and worked on some older woman's house that needed repairs. I was on a ladder all day putting up ceiling drywall and it really tired me out.  I guess my legs were all ready a little tired from the 10 miles + intervals of the morning. I was so drenched with sweat after I felt like I had just gone running. Drank about 2 gallons of water and never had to use the bathroom.

So of course I get home take a shower, and then after I sit on the couch, I am too tired to get up and go to bed and my lazy ass just sits and watches baseball instead of walking upstairs to go to bed.

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  6 miles tonight.

mdawg, enjoy the rest day.

NIck, LOL.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Rusk Runner

Know what you mean Nick.  I stayed up to watch Lonesome Dove last night.  Draggin at work today.

7.27 @ 9:21 avg tonight.  Need to get to bed so I can cycle in the morning.  Planning on about 20 easy bike miles tomorrow in the dark.

Happy running all!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Rusk Runner

22 Miles on the bike this morning.  Avg speed was 18.7mph.  Its getting easier.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Hey folks, it is not July any more!