Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

onemile

Thanks for the support everyone. Yes, I will go for it. And being such an all or nothing kinda guy, there will be no backing off... none. at. all.

A man after my own heart. hahaha

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, everybody.

I did my 7 in super sunny, super hot, and super humid (are there any other days?) so although not all my fartleks were below 7mm (which they usually are), I think considering the weather, the paces were not bad.

Have a great night!

Damaris

Smashy!!!

Happy Hansons' Wednesday everyone!

DR, nice workout.

Happy running non-Hansons folks!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! 6 miles tonight.

I need a nap.

Damaris

Rusk Runner

Onemile - Very nice splits on your intervals.  I am still scared to run faster than sub 9. I thought I might give it a couple more weeks.

Docket - Take that nap and enjoy it.

I am probably going to get my first trail run in later this week.  I want to test out a MTB trail that is close to home so I can make a decision on whether or not my DS and I can run/walk it together.  It offers a 5 or 11 mile loop.  If I like it, I will be doing some of the training runs for my ultra attempt on it.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

MA runner girl

Morning all. Haven't posted in a few days because I'm back at work this week and trying to get into the new routine. C has been waking up at ridiculous hours all week, you know just to help make that transition even tougher! I tried to run last night and turned around at a half mile because my legs felt like steel posts. I guess I'll try again tonight. It's a cutback week, which is obviously for the best.

RDV - I'm so sorry about the break in.

Cbus - Good luck with the new GMP!

Docket - I'm impressed with what you run in. I feel like such a wimp. It's been so humid and warm here that I have wussed out and ran on the TM too many days.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

Smashy!!!

Got in my first Hansons workout of this cycle. 10 miles with 12x400 @ 5k pace w/400 recoveries.   I thought it went pretty well considering I haven't done any speedwork since April.  But I cheated and went to the indoor track.  50 degrees felt so good after the past few days of heat and humidity.  Interval splits: 7:05, 7:02, 6:58, 6:56, 6:59, 6:53, 6:57, 6:58, 6:55, 6:58, 6:57, 6:56

These are AWESOME splits! Well done!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

LOL, RVD.  When should we start seeing jedi saying OMG?

Well, starting in week 7 there are no more days off.  All long runs are 18 or 20 miles and starting in week 10 they also incorporate MP miles in there.  Next week's intervals are 3wu+12(400@5kw200r)+3cd which is typical for every Tuesday.  Thursdays are MP runs such as 3wu+8MP+3cd  going up to 10 MP.

I got my excess weight back off so I guess I'll find out during tomorrow's MP run whether my MP is realistic or not.  Last week I was 162.5 and this morning I was 149.  I'll take some more off just to try to increase my speed, but tomorrow morning will tell me something.

onemile

DR - nice 7

Cbus - Thank you!  And yes, happy Hansons Wednesday! Smile

Indi - Yeah, take your time. It took awhile for me to stop being scared of speedwork and long runs after being injured. Well, long runs still scare me.

MA - sounds rough. You will get back into it.

RVD - you lost 13 lbs in a week? I can't be reading that right.

Rest day for me today.

RVD - you lost 13 lbs in a week? I can't be reading that right.

Yeah, my recorded weights are as follows:

07/03: 162

07/04: 160

07/05: 161

07/06: 156 (lots of water weight I think)

07/07: 155.5

07/08: 153

07/09: 152.5

07/10: 149

The dates 07/05 and 07/09 I only had a smoothie (but a healthy one.)  I ran a bit over 75 miles during this time. I was desperate to get the weight off before I have to do these next MP miles.  They've been beating me up.  I'm going to take some more weight off, but I expect it will be more gradual, not more than a half pound per day.

onemile

Yeah, my recorded weights are as follows:

07/03: 162

07/04: 160

07/05: 161

07/06: 156 (lots of water weight I think)

07/07: 155.5

07/08: 153

07/09: 152.5

07/10: 149

The dates 07/05 and 07/09 I only had a smoothie (but a healthy one.)  I ran a bit over 75 miles during this time. I was desperate to get the weight off before I have to do these next MP miles.  They've been beating me up.  I'm going to take some more weight off, but I expect it will be more gradual, not more than a half pound per day.

Holy F, I need to get on this diet plan.

MA runner girl

RVD - How can you run on just a smoothie? Didn't you feel really run down? I would be shaking by the end of the day. That is some crazy weight loss! I like how not more than a half pound per DAY is gradual. I've been losing that much a week of pregnancy weight...

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

RVD - How can you run on just a smoothie? Didn't you feel really run down? I would be shaking by the end of the day. That is some crazy weight loss! I like how not more than a half pound per DAY is gradual. I've been losing that much a week of pregnancy weight...

Well my smoothie consists of the following:

1/2 to 1 cup of water.

1/2 cup oatmeal (carbohydrates)

1 scoop of Whey Protein Powder Isolate (chocolate)

1 tblsp flaxseed (Omega-3 fatty acids)

2 frozen bananas

4 oz of frozen strawberries.

Spinach or Kale (as much as I can fit in)

Cinnamon (just sprinkle some in for taste)

It is both yummy and healthy.  Has all the components, carbs, protein, fruit, veggies, Omega-3 fatty acids.

onemile

Well my smoothie consists of the following:

1/2 to 1 cup of water.

1/2 cup oatmeal (carbohydrates)

1 scoop of Whey Protein Powder Isolate (chocolate)

1 tblsp flaxseed (Omega-3 fatty acids)

2 frozen bananas

4 oz of frozen strawberries.

Spinach or Kale (as much as I can fit in)

Cinnamon (just sprinkle some in for taste)

It is both yummy and healthy.  Has all the components, carbs, protein, fruit, veggies, Omega-3 fatty acids.

And this is all you ate for the whole day?

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Flinders, that story of the double stroller guy is too funny. I agree with you, that there is a trade off with the longer intervals: they're harder but at least there are fewer of them. But there are still 5 sets of the 1k--correct? That's tough. Nice work. And when are you gonna get the Sayonaras? IMO, shoe of the year.

Yeah, but at the time it was a bit mortifying. I found out later that he was one of the local sub-elites.

Right, that was 5x1k.  The fourth was the most mentally draining, because I was hurting but I knew that I still had one more to go and I didn't know that I could do it.  The last one hurt, but it was easier mentally because it was the last one.

Saynoaras will probably be later this summer. My current rotation is a WR 15, Precision 12, and a Ronin 3 (plus assorted other things I wear occasionally), and the three main ones are all nearing the end of their useful lives.  I have 2x WR15s, a Ronin 3, and a Adizero (sp?) Boston 3 still new in box.  All bought on deep discount, so on one hand my inner cheapskate doesn't want to pay retail for a new pair of shoes.  But I do want to try them, so I'll probably buy a pair once I retire my current three mains (likely at the end of this month).

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33