Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

And this is all you ate for the whole day?

Just for a couple of the days with the higher weight losses.  I usually also have a rice/bean concoction that I make up for dinner.  I essentially eat the same stuff every day.  (If I've gotta prepare it, then it has to be simple.)  If it doesn't fit in a microwave or blender I don't eat it.

Hi, donuts!!  I see many familiar faces here.  I have been MIA for a while, doing shorter distances, but I am now in the midst of Pfitz 18/55 for a fall marathon and was wondering if you'd have me back.  Blush

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That depends.  Did you bring donuts? Wink

Hi, donuts!!  I see many familiar faces here.  I have been MIA for a while, doing shorter distances, but I am now in the midst of Pfitz 18/55 for a fall marathon and was wondering if you'd have me back.  Blush

Damaris

Smashy!!!

PAULA!!!  Welcome back! What race are you training for? Make sure you post the info on the Big Board thread, so that I can put you on the grid.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

I thought all the Speedwork was tough. But according to my log, it was the 4X1200 that finally got to me. Actually, I remember running as hard as I could on that last 1200, and could not hit the same pace as the previous three sets. If there were zombies chasing me, I would have been a goner!

You better use up those shoes before trying the Sayonara, or else, they may never get out of their boxes.

Yeah, but at the time it was a bit mortifying. I found out later that he was one of the local sub-elites.

Right, that was 5x1k.  The fourth was the most mentally draining, because I was hurting but I knew that I still had one more to go and I didn't know that I could do it.  The last one hurt, but it was easier mentally because it was the last one.

Saynoaras will probably be later this summer. My current rotation is a WR 15, Precision 12, and a Ronin 3 (plus assorted other things I wear occasionally), and the three main ones are all nearing the end of their useful lives.  I have 2x WR15s, a Ronin 3, and a Adizero (sp?) Boston 3 still new in box.  All bought on deep discount, so on one hand my inner cheapskate doesn't want to pay retail for a new pair of shoes.  But I do want to try them, so I'll probably buy a pair once I retire my current three mains (likely at the end of this month).

Of course.  You all have to finish your training runs first before digging in, though.

Or maybe a sub-4 would be more likely if we laid off the donuts and had a round of green smoothies instead.  Running smoothies...  Nah, doesn't have the same ring to it.

That depends.  Did you bring donuts? Wink

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Hiya, Cbus!  Thanks for the welcome.  I'm planning on running the Mount Desert Island marathon in Maine on October 20.

It's a hilly course, so I have no grand delusions that I will run a massive PR, but I will enjoy the experience at the very least.

Off to do my 8 miles with 10 strides (Pfitz 18/55).

PAULA!!!  Welcome back! What race are you training for? Make sure you post the info on the Big Board thread, so that I can put you on the grid.

PRs:

RVD - Woah! That is some weight loss. I would be nervous it is unhealthy, but if you have done it before and hasn't been an issue, then good luck.

Hi Paula

Thanks everyone for the mud puddle info, I guess I was a wimp and should have gone through them.

Some additional evidence why it maybe isn't the best idea to run races during training if they aren't in your schedule - I skipped last Thursday's tempo because of the race, and then went out to run yesterday's 800m 5k intervals. The speed felt fine, that I wasn't still tired from Sunday, but during the first interval, my muscles were feeling more sore and tight (maybe due to more hills on the course than normal, and then just getting in the car after the race and driving home 8.5 hours?). Once I stopped, I felt like if I kept doing the intervals I would pull a muscle, so I just ran relatively easy for the rest of the run. Got in 6, and will try to get some slow miles in today on a normal rest day to help reduce the lingering soreness.

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

RV - i'm not scared. This plan not that out of my realm of training with 2 quality days. The faster paced LRs will be the kicker though and a bit tough at first but up for challenge. I 'm all in though. BQ is going down in Philly.Smile I feel very confident saying that in July with race in Nov and bulk of work I still need to do, but my whole running year has been building to this.

lol, just wait.

Morning Donuts! Another easy 10m for me this morning with some build-ups. LR tomorrow as I go on vaca for DW's birthday for a few days this week.

Docket - not OMG! Do Work!!! I love DD's iced latte's.

onemile - nice 400s

cbus - when is your race?

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Smashy!!!

Jedi, race is Oct. 20.

Loving your confidence! As a wise man once said: Do Work. Bring it brother!

RV - i'm not scared. This plan not that out of my realm of training with 2 quality days. The faster paced LRs will be the kicker though and a bit tough at first but up for challenge. I 'm all in though. BQ is going down in Philly.Smile I feel very confident saying that in July with race in Nov and bulk of work I still need to do, but my whole running year has been building to this.

Morning Donuts! Another easy 10m for me this morning with some build-ups. LR tomorrow as I go on vaca for DW's birthday for a few days this week.

Docket - not OMG! Do Work!!! I love DD's iced latte's.

onemile - nice 400s

cbus - when is your race?

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

RVD - Nice weight loss - I wish I were a dude.   I can try and try and its like ... 0.5lbs lost haha.

Onemile- fantastic splits! so fast!

Cbus - all or nothing? marathon runners? no way!

Paula - welcome back

Docket - nice miles!

Me- 5 easy recovery miles around the tip of Manhattan this morning, easy pace - something like 9:30.  I stopped to take a panoramic photo with my iPhone.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

onemile

RVD - interesting. And you still felt like you had energy to do your workouts?

Hi Paula - welcome back!  I've heard that MDI is a tough course.

Jedi - Glad to see you around again. I'm looking forward to tracking your progress on that schedule.  I would be terrified.

Sprinkles - thanks. I saw the photo you posted to fb - gorgeous!

RVD - interesting. And you still felt like you had energy to do your workouts?

The only things that seem to affect my workouts adversely are excess weight, heat and not getting enough sleep.  I think I generally have enough nutrients.

Nick, hi again!  From my personal experience, any time I race an unscheduled 5k or 10k on the weekend during half/full training, I never attempt intervals within 4 days of my race.  Maybe if I were younger and had a huge mileage base to support it, I might, but it doesn't work for me.  My race is my speed work.

Onemile, you've got some impressive training in lately.  What's next up for you?  Yes, MDI is supposed to be tough, but beautiful.  I figure I'm not ready to attempt a BQ yet, so I might as well do this scenic destination race in my home state before I get real serious with my training.

Hi, sprinkles!

Congrats on the baby, MA runner girl.  Good to see you here too.

PRs:

onemile

Onemile, you've got some impressive training in lately.  What's next up for you?  Yes, MDI is supposed to be tough, but beautiful.  I figure I'm not ready to attempt a BQ yet, so I might as well do this scenic destination race in my home state before I get real serious with my training.

Thanks. I actually just started training for my fall marathon - Indy Monumental on Nov 2.

And that makes sense. I've heard MDI is very pretty.  I'd be afraid of the hills though.