Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

Ball of Fury

One:  For my 10K, the temps were pretty similar and I wore tights, a single long sleeve, hat, and gloves.  I was pretty good for the most part but did get a bit warm around miles 4 and 5 when the sun came out.  However, on mile 6 I was into the wind again and was fine/a bit chilly.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

Do you think you would have frozen with shorts?

One:  For my 10K, the temps were pretty similar and I wore tights, a single long sleeve, hat, and gloves.  I was pretty good for the most part but did get a bit warm around miles 4 and 5 when the sun came out.  However, on mile 6 I was into the wind again and was fine/a bit chilly.

Ball of Fury

I think after a couple miles, I would have been ok, as long as I had gloves!

onemile

Ok, I would prefer shorts but I don't want to freeze my ass off either. Smile  I'm thinking maybe shorts / ls shirt / hat.  I could wear tights but I hate how I look in tights and I like my legs feeling free.

I think after a couple miles, I would have been ok, as long as I had gloves!

White Lightning

Ok, I would prefer shorts but I don't want to freeze my ass off either. Smile  I'm thinking maybe shorts / ls shirt / hat.  I could wear tights but I hate how I look in tights and I like my legs feeling free.

I'd do shorts, LS tech, headband or hat and a thin pair of throw away gloves.  If there was no wind or it was a warm wind I'd be doing t-shirt

I'm still not sure with mine.  14F start and 19F finish and calling sunny with 2mph winds so that's a huge plus.  Tempted to go no jacket and two long sleeves and a short sleeve in case I want to lose a layer.

Weird feeling not running all week.  Adductors are feeling a bit better today but still have some soreness.  Rest days were definitely needed and should be good to go tomorrow.

Play the Game Hard!

Ball of Fury

I think you will be good!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! I have been really busy with work and have not had a chance to post much. Pretty crappy tempo run yesterday. legs were flat and stomach was bothering me and throw on top of that work has been stressing me the last week or so. Got in a solid 10.2 this morning so that makes me feel better today.

onemile - good luck in your HM Sunday! DO WORK!!!

Hi everyone else I don't have time for shouts today.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Onemile- that's the conditions I had for NYC Half, minus a few degrees at the start,  I wore capris and a light long sleeve with a tank over.  Was totally fine the whole way.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

What would you wear for a half marathon in 33F, Cloudy, 15mph wind?

A sail and a beer cooler.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

This just made me laugh out loud.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

onemile

Angry  Not funny!!!!

and thanks for the well-wishes everyone Smile

Angry  Not funny!!!!

and thanks for the well-wishes everyone Smile

I was just poking the bear. I am comfortable doing that because of your ability regardless of these conditions. Go look through your training log and tell me you're not gonna own it! Good luck Onemile.

I'll be back for shout outs.

3.25 into the windless 85 degree heat and 85%humidity and made te turn for 3 miles into 15 mph head winds. Forgot my sail so I had to grin and beat it. Just over 6 at an easy pace.

Stout for Friday refreshment can't come soon enough.

onemile

Aw, thanks. I'm feeling pretty confident actually. I could do without the wind but eh, it's out and back so it should balance out anyway.

I was just poking the bear. I am comfortable doing that because of your ability regardless of these conditions. Go look through your training log and tell me you're not gonna own it! Good luck Onemile.

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Cold hit me like a ton of bricks last night. Still feeling it today.

Onemile, good luck! I'd wear two thin long sleeve tech tees. My Mizuno Breath Thermo is a perfect base layer for this kind of stuff. And thin tights. It's probably a touch too cold for shorts, for me.

Can someone explain the sail/beer cooler joke? I don't get it.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)