Shamrock Running Club

Big track workout tomorrow night at the Joyce (Read 1248 times)

10x400's with a 1 minute rest, should be fun.........
    Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Is this the last indoor track workout?
        I think there is one more week -- ending 3/31.... 400s are probably my favorite track workout (I like the ladders too though) 1 min rest is tough!!
        mikeymike

Hi peoples. When do shamrock workouts move to outdoor? Are they still at Woburn Tuesday nights? spellling. dur.

Runners run

Hi Mikey! Great to see you post - I lurk in the 2000 forum and frequently LOL at your sense of humor. I think track starts up again a week or two after the marathon. The Woburn track is pretty awesome (compared to the old track or Winchester) if you haven't been there yet. Linda W
            Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I think there is one more week -- ending 3/31.... 400s are probably my favorite track workout (I like the ladders too though) 1 min rest is tough!!
              Linda, I had our umemployment club lunch with Matt Manney and Dave Sullivan today. Matt was telling me that he did the Tuesday night speed workout with Andy, Marsha and company at Burlington HS. I don't remember the exact details, but something like a 2 mile warm up, 6 x 400m @ 95 secs with 1 minute rest, another 6 x 400m @ 90, then another 6 x 400m followed by 2 miles of cooldown. Yikes!!!
              Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Hi peoples. When do shamrock workouts move to outdoor? Are they still at Woburn Tuesday nights? spellling. dur.
                Hi Mike! Glad to see you here. Any chance you will join us for a workout or two? By the way, Dave and Matt are looking for people for the Boston Marathon teams. Any chance that you and Baaaadddd Dawg would be interested?
                  Hi Mike! Glad to see you here. Any chance you will join us for a workout or two? By the way, Dave and Matt are looking for people for the Boston Marathon teams. Any chance that you and Baaaadddd Dawg would be interested?
                  It's just a fun run for me Eric, I'm running with my brother- in-law who is hoping for a BQ at Boston. That's 3:45 for his age group. I would hate to be a boat anchor for the Shamrock team's results.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

It's just a fun run for me Eric, I'm running with my brother- in-law who is hoping for a BQ at Boston. That's 3:45 for his age group. I would hate to be a boat anchor for the Shamrock team's results.
                    Fun run at Boston? You are badd.
                    mikeymike

Hi Linda, yeah I bet the new track is awesome. It's probably orange, but I could get over that. We have a new track in Reading, too. I've done 2 workouts down there since the snow melted--this morning I was doing 1200s all by myself in the dark. Only problem was I did a lot of them so I was there until after the sun came up and it wasn't so dark and the high school kids started showing up for school and were like, "oh m'god who's the like crusty old dude like running around like a madman on the like track and stuff." New tracks are awesome. I would like to start doing some workouts with people from time to time. I've been exploring several options. MVS is kind of a big mess with Fernando leaving and plus there are so many people and you have to pay extra per season for track. I might jump in a Whirlaway workout or two with Hudson, but those guys are all screaming fast and I'm a bit intimidated. So yeah, MC, there's a good chance you'll see me at a workout or two but as always I will be terribly unreliable since my work and family schedule is a bit full and evening workouts are rare. Yes, no problem for Boston. I was planning to wear the green anyway since for some reason that singlet just sort of goes with Boston for me. I should probably reup my Shamrock membership too, since I think that lapsed sometime in 2004 or so. I was reading the Shamrock blog when I linked to this group--who are the bloggers? I think I read Steve something was running quarters in 75 recently, that's quick.

Runners run

MC - Matt told me that they typically cover 10+ miles during the Shamrock rebel's version of Tuesday night track. Shocked Kind of insane, I thought those workouts were supposed to be short and intense. Oh heck - what do I know - I'm the injured one and they're still out there pounding the pavement. Mikey - it's a shame you can't find a club that's just right. You remind me of Goldilocks! This group's too fast, that one's too slow, etc. Good luck finding the right fit - what about Somerville? Maybe too far away. Be careful out there on the HS track in the mornings - you're scaring the children. Steve B is the blogger you're referring to. We are trying to get other Shamrocks to post stuff on that blog, but it hasn't really caught on. Steve is indeed quick, and also helps the rest of us with warm-ups and post workout strength training. He had us doing handstands a few weeks ago!!
                        jpdeaux

Eric has been doing individual recruitment to get us back into this forum. Today he took me to lunch. Correction on the SR Rebels' workouts: Yesterday's track workout at BHS was 1.5 miles, then 6x400, then 1.5 miles again, then 6 more x400, plus 2 miles on either end. I got 10.75 miles. These workouts are the best! And a fast, little blond woman is to blame for them. So law7, you're over here now. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, but just found this group. BadDawg, let me put you on the Shamrock's team. There is no pressure since the Crystal Bowl awards are well out of reach. But we do need to have 3 finishers to get listed in the results, so finishers is what I'm after. Same goes for you MikeyMike. If you are not already on another team I will put you onto the Shamrock Men's or Open team. Actually, I'm surprised you have not been recruited for another team already. Let me know. -Matt.
                          mikeymike

Yeah Linda, Somerville is the other suspect...if I still worked in town it would work out well...maybe I'll just join every running club in MA to keep my options open. Actually Mark Hudson and I were talking about just getting a group together to do workouts at Reading one night a week, that still might happen. Matt I'm a free agent so sign me up. Is Shamrock rebles the group (Andy, Marsha etc.) working out at Burlington h.s.?

Runners run

jpdeaux

Mike, you're signed up onto the Men's Open team. And, yes, the so-called Shamrock Rebels (where did that name come from?) do the Tuesday night Burlington High School workouts. It started out a few years ago as a way to avoid running indoors on the Joyce track. We got two mild winters under our belts before this one smacked us around. But it's still one of my favorite runs of the week. I'd be interested in runs in Reading. Were you thinking track? Trouble is my fast is your slow and Mark's warm-up speed. I'm a punishment glutton, though, so I'd give it a try. I'm getting bored with the usual local routes. Funny you should mention Reading groups though. I've noticed two new groups at odd times (like Friday@noon) starting or finishing runs near my house and at Memorial Park. Maybe the Shamrock Rebels would want to visit Reading HS track one of these (Tues)days. I'll ask around.
                              mikeymike

Sweet. Does this mean I get to ride in an Escalade to the starting line and can wait inside the elementary school at the start with Ryan and Kara and all the Kenyans?

Runners run