Swimmers

Hows the swim going? (Read 271 times)

No activity in here is quite some time.

Hows the battle going for you?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Slo

It Ain't. I'm approaching a full year on not being in the pool. Sad

Just never re-arranged the schedule. I'll likely get started again in April.

clydesdale

Finally got my one mile time back below 36'.  I'm looking at trying a 1/2 Ironman in April but I have to start biking again.... I hate biking.

protoplasm72

I had a shoulder pain that stopped my swimming for a week.  I'm working on building up slowly again.  I think the root of the pain was to much weight lifting.  I was increasing that to quickly.  I'm definitely behind on the amount of miles I wanted to swim so far this year.  

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Carl A

I ran by a public pool a few minutes ago. That's it, though, so far this year.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Things have been going pretty well for me in the pool. I'm making progress every week. Here is a weekly report for this year.

2/28/2011       1.2 mi      40:51 32:41     1.8       199.0 lb  
              2/21/2011       1.1 mi   38:31 33:54 1.8       200.0 lb  
              2/14/2011       2.3 mi   1:16:32   33:41 1.8       197.7 lb  
              2/7/2011       2.3 mi   1:19:15 34:02 1.8       199.2 lb  
              1/31/2011       2.3 mi   1:20:29 34:33 1.7       200.5 lb  
              1/24/2011       2.4 mi   1:23:21 34:31 1.7       200.7 lb  
              1/17/2011       2.1 mi   1:14:31 34:59 1.7       201.8 lb  
              1/10/2011       2.5 mi   1:29:21 35:21 1.7       205.3 lb  
              1/3/2011       1.8 mi   1:04:14 36:29 1.6       206.5 lb  

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

clydesdale

you bulking up or regressing?  I've been guilty of the latter as of late.

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

I got back in the pool yesterday for 2000 yd swim. Gotta get my rear in gear, tri season is upon me, I have a Half Iron mid may and then Escape From Alcatraz in early June. Smile

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
                  My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
                  Ride 112 miles.
                  Run 26.2 miles.
                  Then brag for the rest of your life.
                  -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Carl A

Looking forward to the free local pool opening soon!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

protoplasm72

I think I've fallen off the swimming wagon.  I haven't been swimming recently and I don't even care.  For the first time in several years my running hasn't been limited by any injuries and I'm really enjoying just ramping up my mileage.  I think I need to find a way to make swimming exciting again.  I'm signed up for a 5k open water swim in September and I can't find the motivation to train for it.  I'm thinking I'm going to skip it unless I start logging some serious yardage.  

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Where is the 5K swim?  That sounds like fun. I do understand that when the run is clicking the desire to go for it but having hte 5K all signed up would get me in the water "fo sho" Smile

I have been a little more regular in  my swims post Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon in June, being able to swim laps in an outdoor pool has really helped.  This week is a recovery week but next week I'll be in the Outer Banks of NC and hopefully getting in some long open water swims.

Swim 2.4 miles.
                        Ride 112 miles.
                        Run 26.2 miles.

protoplasm72

Where is the 5K swim?  That sounds like fun. I do understand that when the run is clicking the desire to go for it but having hte 5K all signed up would get me in the water "fo sho" Smile

I have been a little more regular in  my swims post Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon in June, being able to swim laps in an outdoor pool has really helped.  This week is a recovery week but next week I'll be in the Outer Banks of NC and hopefully getting in some long open water swims.

It is Big Shoulders 5k swim in lake Michigan.  I did it last year and am having a hard time getting excited about it this year.  Last year at this time I was swimming 15k meters a week.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to skip it unless I suddenly find some serious motivation.  Also adding to the difficulty of the swim is last year the water was 62 degrees and I'm not at all prepared for that.  My coldest swim this year has been about 78.

It is Big Shoulders 5k swim in lake Michigan.  I did it last year and am having a hard time getting excited about it this year.  Last year at this time I was swimming 15k meters a week.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to skip it unless I suddenly find some serious motivation.  Also adding to the difficulty of the swim is last year the water was 62 degrees and I'm not at all prepared for that.  My coldest swim this year has been about 78.

That would feel arctic for me as the pool at the YMCA has been bouncing between 84 and 85 degrees for the last 4 months. It really sucks when you have to take another shower when you get back to work because yo're still sweating from your swim session.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

That would feel arctic for me as the pool at the YMCA has been bouncing between 84 and 85 degrees for the last 4 months. It really sucks when you have to take another shower when you get back to work because yo're still sweating from your swim session.

Yeah I heard that, but then at Escape from Alcatraz the water was 50F, so I think I'll take the hot over the fridgid Big grin

Swim 2.4 miles.
                              Ride 112 miles.
                              Run 26.2 miles.