Swimmers

Swimming and stitches (Read 142 times)

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Tomorrow I have to have a surgery to remove a benign tumor in the palm of my right hand. I suspect the doc is going to say no swimming for several weeks.  Conservative advice to be sure.  I was thinking it is probably ok to start back after the wound appears closed.  Anyone have experience swimming with stitches? I'm going to double post this on the tri forum as well, so my apologies in advance to those of you who look at both.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

When I read the topic title, I thought you were getting a side ache (stitch) while you were swimming.

Anyway, can't you just tape it up and swim within a few days? You could make a loose fist and do drills like that so you don't put any pressure on the wound as its healing. I think I saw that in a TI video I have.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life