Swimmers

2011 Swimming Goals (Read 134 times)

protoplasm72

Anyone making any goals for swimming this year?  I'd like to hit 500,000 meters for the year.  I was over 400k last year but my swimming was all over the place.  My monthly totals varied from 61k to only 8k.  I'm going to try and be more consistent and hit around 45k per month.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Carl A

open water two-miler

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

My only goal is to improve pace while increasing my endurance. I'm hoping an IM is in my future (2 yrs) so I will need steady improvement on both fronts.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

protoplasm72

open water two-miler

Which one?  I've got 3 local races I'm looking at for this year but I'm always on the look out for more swims.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Carl A

It's going to be homemade, in either the Florida ocean or a Pennsylvania pond.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.