Swimmers

YMCA lap swim rant (Read 212 times)

Begin rant....

I had a mile swim planned for today and had to cut it short at 950 yards. An "older" lady decided to do her shallow water workout next to my lane and had the perfume on so thick I could taste it in the water. Every time I went for a breathe, I got a nose or mouth full of it and wanted to immediately expel it for some fresh air, but none was to be found. We were the only two in the pool and she had to be next to me.....

....end rant!

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

protoplasm72

Yeah, I've been there.  Also bad is the person with killer B.O.  I usually try to move to another lane.  If I can't I splash them every time I pass.  Try to wash the crap off them.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

under a rock

I would have had to get out of the pool as well. Annoying.

I hate people that wear perfume to the gym. I got on a treadmill behind a lady on an eliptical once and she had on too much perfume. To make the whole situation worse she moved the gym's fan to blow directly on her. With each breath I was inhaling her foofy smell. I wanted to smack her. After that, whenever I'd see her come in I'd go to the opposite end of the treadmill row to keep my breathing clear.

I loved that at the Physical Therapy that I went to  there is a big sign at the front desk stating that the office is a fragrance free zone. I think gyms and pools need to follow suit.

Heck, I don't like it when I'm on a group run and someone's fabric softner is too strong. Luckily that situation only lasts a mile or so before the sweat takes care of that.

protoplasm72

I loved that at the Physical Therapy that I went to  there is a big sign at the front desk stating that the office is a fragrance free zone. I think gyms and pools need to follow suit.

That is one of the reasons they have signs up to shower before getting in the pool.  Nobody listens.  I refer to these people as "Oil Slick"

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

That is one of the reasons they have signs up to shower before getting in the pool.  Nobody listens.  I refer to these people as "Oil Slick"

Nobody listen and the life guard staff doesn't want to get off their butts and actually do something. Oh yeah I forgot, every 15 minutes or so they walk to the opposite side of the pool and sit on their butts.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

88 fricking degrees in the YMCA's pool today. I could barely string together 150 yards straight at that temp. A half an hour after a shower and I'm still sweating.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

That's awful.

I swim at an LA Fitness, and it gets up to 83 - 84 sometimes.  That's tough.  The worst part is when you get to the wall, and the jets are pushing out spa temperature water.

Oh well, better than a frozen lake.

Cheers,

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life