The League of Extraordinary Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 1665 times)

It looks like we can enter as a team if we have 4 people, except that they don't score teams, so there isn't much reason for us to worry about it. I'll think about coming. I need to plan out my racing schedule for the rest of the season, though it sounds like a few CBRC races are TBD. Running this on the 21st would help me get a 5k time down for this fall and allow plenty of training and recovery before the 10 miler on October 12th. Assuming I'm in the clear on that weekend, it becomes a matter of driving up there or not. That's where the schedule comes into play so that I can predict how many times I can potentially come up there.
      I'm still not sure about this coming weekend. Emily won't be joining me, so it becomes harder to make a weekend of it. My racing schedule may be all the more confusing now that a canceled race is being rescheduled for mid-October that I may want to run. If it doesn't look like I'll be running any other races, then I'll have to kick my butt into attending this weekend's.
      Durrr

I sent in my registration for the LPR 10-Miler today. Hurry, $35 registration ends after 9/30/08!
        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Joe, I hate to complicate your life, but you are aware that Pet Day 5K is this coming weekend and is a CBRC Grand Prix race, right?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

That does complicate my weekend, as the last thing I had read did not mention it being a Grand Prix race. D'oh! I think that all but seals the deal for me staying put this weekend.
            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Doh! I'm the dumb Grand Prix counter, and I should know better -- I double-checked, and Pet Day 5K is *not* on Grand Prix. Oops.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hah, then that complicates my plans again! Okay, I need to collect my thoughts now. Cool
                Durrr

As I've mentioned on here before, I'll be in Scranton, PA, this weekend for a wedding event.

Diesel Power

Joe – Val and I have our home inspection at 4pm, probably until sometime around 6pm. If you want to come up on Saturday night for the race Sunday morning, you should probably plan to arrive after that point. 10 days ago, I was very psyched about the prospect of breaking 20:00 on Sunday. Reality has since set in. I think I may try to squeeze in a run Saturday morning to make this a four day week (see my training post), which may be somewhat detrimental to my race time Sunday. Regardless, I think my Half marathon performance will be better if I stop taking so many days off now. I would say 20:30 for Sunday, but I have somewhat of a record for setting “lofty” goals and then crushing them by 30-60 seconds. I’ll say 20:20 just to even things out a bit.
                    Durrr

LPR 10-Miler‏ From: Liza Recto (shortbrownperson@juno.com) Sent: Wed 9/17/08 3:19 AM To: allsop316@hotmail.com Thanks for signing up, David. Stay tuned to your e-mail for updates, and let me know if you have any questions. See you at the races! Liza Recto Race Director
                        Rick, I don't think I'll do the race this weekend. Thank you for the offer, though. Which house are you looking to buy? Is it the one you showed me?

Diesel Power

I doubt it... which house did I show you?
                            Any goal times for this weekend? I'm likely to just train through the weekend. I did 11 miles yesterday and then will be helping my dad today with moving wood, so I figure there isn't much sense in me doing any races this weekend.

Diesel Power

I'm on the record for 20:20. I'm trying to remember everything I can about the course from last year. I know the first mile is largely downhill. I'm not sure if I should give the same 5K effort and run it in 6:00, or hold back and reserve energy, running it in about 6:25 (regardless of what I say here, it will probably be the former). The first half of mile two is largely uphill, the second half largely downhill. The third mile is basically the first mile in reverse, so it's pretty much all uphill. The race starts with the first 100 m or so going downhill. As you can imagine, this led to many people to simply sprint down the hill for an early lead. I ended up passing many of these people in the first mile, and several more during the second mile (some who were walking by that point). I will likely have to resist the urge of going out with them. I can't remember my exact split times from last year. Probably something like 6:35, 6:55, 7:00, plus whatever I ran for the final 200m. If I could access the old forums at work, I could probably tell you. A time of 20:20 would be an improvement of nearly 2 minutes over last year's time (22:12, I believe). Turonout should be interesting. So far this month, there have been races on 9/11 (memorial race), two races last weekend , and FOUR (count them, FOUR) local races this weekend... two on Saturday, two on Sunday. Three of the races, including the Get Fit!, are 5Ks, the fourth is a 50K trail race put on by the BRRC. Obviously, that last one will have limited appeal. Another one of the 5Ks (the other Sunday race) is one largely for businesses, but many of the local regulars get in on that one. There is also a Saturday race at Loyal College that drew almost 400 people last year, versus 183 at the Get Fit! 5K.
                                I still plan to do the 10-miler on the 12th, but one of my brother's may be playing with his band at a bar in College Park the night before the race. I want to make both events, so there's a good chance I may be making the 10-miler into more of a mileage run than a race, though it's hard to say I would have really been "racing" it to begin with.