The League of Extraordinary Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 1665 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

We're doing Myrtle Pt trail run tomorrow morning, if you want to get some slightly wet and a little muddy running in on the morning before the marathon Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Liza wrote that the LPR marathon is now full.

Durrr

http://www.runforhospice.org/ Look at the graphic along the top banner. I do believe I see Rick included in it twice!
          Pre-registration is $25! D'oh!
          Durrr

Even for CBRC members? I think I asked this before, but is there anything I have to do to ensure that the marathon will be counted for the Grand Prix?
              Even for CBRC members? I think I asked this before, but is there anything I have to do to ensure that the marathon will be counted for the Grand Prix?
              Yes, you have to run it. Considering you already did that, rest assured you will be counted among the chosen in the apoc... I mean, the standings.
              AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The other thing worth doing is checking the interim standings to make sure they count it for you -- but that only comes into play if they ever post the interim standings. I successfully gave that job up, so the posting thereof has nothing to do with me this year, for which I am very happy.

Diesel Power

Perry - I may be mistaken, but didn't you go and run the 10K course after completeing the 5K race at Hospice last year? If so, could you provide insight as to what to expect in terms of hills? After the race today, I realized I may not be as good on hills as I was last year. If there's anything significant, I may tweak the training schedule.
                  AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Rick -- yep. Also I think at least Joe has actually done the 10K race (which I haven't). Anyway, the part after you turn off L/H road is through farmland and kind of rolling hills. Plus near the end you come back to rt 5 and come up the big hill that leads to the rt 5 - L/H Rd light. And from that light to the end you have to run through 5K walkers -- I've heard plenty of 10K runners complain about that bit.

Diesel Power

It seemed like there were more 5K walkers than runners last year, so that probably could cause some issues.
                      Durrr

I just mapped out the 10k course via mapmyrun.com, accessing the elevation feature, and it's clear that the route is on a gradual incline from the start to mile 2.5 but then is mostly downhill from there to mile five --- at which point the land drops sharply (coming down Cedarcove Land Rd. towards Ryken) before ascending the mighty hill leading up to the Leonardtown intersection. So it would be wise to go out conservatively, lest we over exert ourselves in the uphill first half. And I think running afoul of 5k fun walkers won't be a problem for those who finish under 45:00.

Diesel Power

Does the course come up the hill into Leonardtown on Rt 5, or up the hill into Leonardtown Square (like the 5K course)? Edit – Never mind, I see Perry addressed this earlier.
                          AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That does remind me -- it doesn't actually go all the way to the L-H / rt 5 light -- you turn right at the entrance to the college and go around behind it (following parking lots) to get to L-H road. That is a change they made at least several years ago.

Durrr

Then this course map must be slightly out of date.
                              AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ok, so far as I know they're going to go around the college instead of through the intersection -- I've not heard anyone say, so I assume it is the same as last year. My guess is they just never updated the map.