The League of Extraordinary Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 1665 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

> big venue of a massive event with thousands of people all about me I'm signed up for a big event with thousands of people held by USMC on Oct 26th Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Spoon

Why is it showing DR as the last person to update this when it is obviously Perry? Oddly deja vu...
      Durrr

I modified my post to fix an "of of" typo that Perry's quote highlighted, and therefore that shows up as the thread's most recent posting.
        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

(Oh, I didn't see that - I fixed my quote of it too now Smile)

Durrr

Perry, have you made any resolutions about running the Robbie Miles 5k? Joe seems to be dodging my e-mails.
            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm committed to attending Robbie Miles and helping out; I'll run it if I can, which will depend on what type of help Vic needs.

Durrr

Looks like it's going to be a bit warm again tomorrow --- probably close to 70 by race time (8:30 a.m.). And from what I hear, the course begins on a downhill, meaning a fast start for sure. But, as the starting line is also the finishing line (and because you return to it the same way you came --- like at Greenwell), it's going to be an UPhill battle to reach the end! I'm getting very doubtful about Joe showing up, but I'm going for it anyway.
                Durrr

Rick, now that your 10k training has basically reached its culmination, what is your prediction for this weekend? And Perry, when is your next race?
                  AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm signed up for MCM in Oct, and I plan to do the two sprint triathlons on base (the base triathlon on June 6 or 7, and PaxVelo triathlon about a month later). I probably will want to do Chaptico Classic if I'm not out of town.

Durrr

On Saturday I talked to Joe about the Kiwanis 10k, and it sounds like he's almost certainly not participating. His running has been virtually nonexistent over the past few weeks and, although he could probably finish the race, his time would be well over an hour. So it looks like I'll be the only one heading up to Crofton from the south.

Diesel Power

It’s not even July, but I’m close to locking in my race schedule for the final half of 2008. This issue now will be to come back from a couple of scattered weeks of running (I probably ran about 18 miles each week) to the point where I can do some damage. Too Hot To Trot 5 Miler (Baltimore Road Runners Club) August 17, 2008 Cockeysville, MD – NCR Trail Parkville High School 5K August 23, 2008 Parkville, MD Get Ready, Get Set, Get Fit! 5K September 21, 2008 Towson, MD – Towson University Baltimore Half Marathon October 11, 2008 Baltimore, MD BRRC Cross Country 5 Miler November 9, 2008 TBD Towson YMCA Turkey Trot 5K November 27, 2008 Towson, MD December – TBD (Hopefully a 10K) If I do the Parkville High School 5K, it will likely only be because Val and some of her friends graduated from that school. Two races on the calendar should be identical to races I did last fall – the Get Fit! 5K at TU, and the Turkey Trot in Towson. It should be fun to compare those times with what I ran last year. Have you given any thought to what races will be on your schedules for the fall?
                        Durrr

There's one major thing that schedule is missing: League-ship. I'm going to plead with you to consider at least one of these alternative options: -Replace the Parkville High School 5k with the Chaptico Classic 5k (8/30) -Replace the BRRC Cross Country 5 Miler with the Step By Step 5k in early November (another race you ran last year, which will allow you to see a major time drop --- especially since it's a PR conducive course) -Run the Solomons Island Jingle Bell in December (a race that ought an annual League Tradition) I realize that my argument will only be fair if I were to head up your way for at least one race, so, if you agree to run the Jingle Bell, perhaps I (hopefully with Joe in tow) could come up for that BRRC Cross Country 5 Miler. I know you want to run a 10k in December in preparation for a potential marathon, and I'm sure it wouldn't be impossible to find one in January.

Diesel Power

The only way I’d consider coming down for a race would be if I got to hang out with Joe, DR, Alden, and Adubb (if he hasn’t already been shipped off to the other side of the world) for more than just an hour or so after the race. All things aside of who called what rule “archaic” and how many races have been run in what region, I miss hanging out with you guys. Now that the scoring system has seemingly been tossed aside, I think we should make an effort to run a race per season in each region for the sake of getting together more than once or twice a year. It’s pretty hard for me to make random weekend trips due to the issue of what I’ll do with Molly (it’s much more difficult to tow her along then it sounds), so this strategy of killing two birds with one stone would be difficult. However, I’m not sure how much I would want to trade it one of my $6, $10, or $15 races for one that costs $25 - $30. Therefore, we may want to look into a race in the SOMD area that is a bit on the cheap side (ideally, no more than $20). More than that, the biggest issue of me making weekend road trips will be when (and if) Val move forward with the big purchase this year. Cash flow aside, moving/painting/light remodeling is going to be very time consuming, especially with school work thrown in the mix. Additionally, if Adubb will be around NOVA this November, maybe Val and I could make the trip down to Centreville for the Turkey Trot.
                            Durrr

You know I'm always down for camaraderie after a race. There could be a grand celebration of some sort following the Chaptico Classic on the evening of August 30th! And really, the return to hanging out is my main motivation for persuading people to come down for League Event races.
                              AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

BTW, the new Lower Potomac River 10 miler is now open for registration. Link on lower right of http://cbrcmd.org/ Sun Oct 12 morning, course is essentially first half of the marathon course (except starting at lighthouse), so it runs the island and Lighthouse road. Currently my race plans are only: PaxVelo and PaxRiverTri sprint triathlons in mid-July Chaptico Classic 10K if I can Probably Lower Potomac 10-miler Marine Corps M. 2008 but I'm likely to come to something else local that DR is going to -- maybe a 5-miler as I've never done one of those.