The League of Extraordinary Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 1665 times)

Durrr

Great. Another blustery, wind-whipped race morning.

9 AM Nov 17

Mostly Sunny

44°F

Mostly Sunny

<dl><dt>FEELS LIKE:</dt><dd>38°</dd></dl><dl><dt>HUMIDITY:</dt><dd>60%</dd></dl><dl><dt>PRECIP:</dt><dd>10%</dd></dl><dl><dt>WIND:</dt><dd>N at 13 mph</dd><dd> </dd><dd> </dd></dl>

I woke up this morning wondering if I'd just had a coma of a taper. My alarm failed to go off at 6 a.m., though I was already pseudo-awake --- so I was cognizant  to look up at the clock around 6:15 and be bewildered to see that the date read Sat. Nov. 17. Thus the initial impression was that I'd just slept for over 30 hours ... and that the race was less than 3 hours away! Well I quickly deduced that I must've messed up the date when adjusting my clock for Daylight Savings back on 11/03, and that this issue hadn't come up before since I'd switched the alarm buzzer off both last Friday and this past Sunday (the buzzer settings are either Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun, or Sun-Sat, so, being set on Mon-Fri, it didn't go off today on account of today allegedly being Saturday). Still, I had to check my phone to make that I had to go to work --- and not start hurriedly preparing for the race.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So who is actually running Philly?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

philibusters

Lots of people, just not Joe and I

Durrr

It looks like this will actually be the 4th variation of the Jingle Bell course in as many years. Though this year will be like a hybrid of 2010 and 2011: we'll head out the Holiday Inn drive and turn left, just as we'll turn right there to finish, like last year (as opposed to cutting through the strip mall parking lot like we did the year before), as well as veering left at the island Y for the U-turn (like last year, whereas the year before we went right before immediately U-turning) --- but in contrast to last year, we won't be going around the medical center but will rather do the R on Alexander, L on Calvert, L on Langley, R on Solomons diversion (just like in 2010). Perry, do you know who was in charge of measuring the re-route? Also, any chance that there's an indoor track meet scheduling conflict for high schoolers tomorrow?

And my goodness, it looks like the temperature will actually be over 50 degrees for this Jingle Bell --- with minimal wind! There could be a rain/wetness factor, however.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

David S. isn't racing tomorrow - that's all I know. Oh, and Alison P. plans to race.

Durrr

Things just got real.

CBRC Lower Potomac River Marathon 2013

Dear David,

Congratulations! You are now registered for CBRC Lower Potomac River Marathon 2013. Please check the event's official website for updates: http://www.cbrcmd.org

Durrr

Liza Recto Another sub-3 male just signed up. We may have a record # of sub-3 finishers in 2013!
                43 minutes ago · Like

Durrr

Me, Perry, Joe, and Phil are all set on the LPRM. And now I'm considering drumming up interest for the Snapple High Cloud Half-Marathon on 01/27/2013 (six weeks before the marathon), which is run on the C&O tow path not far from DC (I believe both Kara and Kathleen ran it last year). You may have noticed that I have a "half marathon time trial" on my training schedule, which begs the question "Why not just run an actual half marathon race?" Well I didn't think that I'd be able to find such an event that would be scheduled around the appropriate point of my marathon training cycle or that would be held anywhere (reasonably) nearby --- until I today stumbled upon the SHCHM, which takes place just one week later than my scheduled HM time trial (which would of course be cancelled if I were to run in the actual race). Think of the carpooling potential!

https://www.highcloudevents.org/2013-Cloud-Snapple-Half-Marathon&Tickets

Amy Keefe Werking I ran that one 2 or 3 years ago. It was a nice course, very scenic. Well organized race. Highly recommend.
                  December 7 at 2:33pm via mobile · 2

I'll consider doing it, but given what my running is right now it may end up being more important for me to do another workout than that. I'll wait a bit before I declare anything official. Indeed, I'm still waiting to sign up for LPRM.

Mentally I feel as though I am back, but I've run once this week. I was busy at the start of the week and intended to resume running today. I went out for a couple of miles last night around 10pm, though, so I'm a day ahead of schedule. I'll probably take it easy for now, though. My body is handling it better than I expected and my pace last night was decent. Bones/joints take longer to adjust than the heart, though, and my bones are where I'm weakest right now. That's a good reason to be cautious.

I imagine Crofton would be a good target 10k race for us again this year. It's long enough after LPRM that we can do a few custom workouts for it.

philibusters

Joe, how are you doing weight wise?  After my mileage dropped, I put on 10 to 12 pounds.  I think I have stablize, but I need to work on dropping that weight to get back to where I was in August.

I think I put on at last 5 lbs, but probably 10 lbs. I doubt 15. Right now I would say I'm probably 10 lbs over where I was, which was already slightly high for me.

Durrr

This is not an ideal time to be combating weight, as exposure to high-caloric temptation is likely to skyrocket over the next fortnight.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Crystal and I are signed up for ES6.

philibusters

I think I may sign up for this race (though I likely only tempo it) ... http://www.tidewaterstriders.com/site/wp-content/uploads/races/12/beattheball5k12.pdf

The basic concept is the 5K starts at 11:35 pm on Monday December 31st, 2012.  If you beat the ball's drop to start the new year by finishing the 5K by midnight you get a glass of champagne.  If you don't, you don't get the champagne.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The basic concept is the 5K starts at 11:35 pm on Monday December 31st, 2012.  If you beat the ball's drop to start the new year by finishing the 5K by midnight you get a glass of champagne.  If you don't, you don't get the champagne.

That's cute.

Perry, do you have any interest in this race... http://athletic-equation.com/ICY-8_HR_ATR.html ?

No, it conflicts with the St Mary's River Park Trail Run. But Kathleen said she is signed up for it.