The League of Extraordinary Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 1665 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

A quick perusal of letsrun shows me that there are three big meets this weekend

NCAA Division I is in progress

Diamond League is in New York

Kenya Police Athletic Championships

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

philibusters

The stage is now officially set for a comeback:

Registration Confirmation for:

Crofton Kiwanis/Team Surlis Realtors 10K Challenge

Dear David,

Congratulations! You are now registered for Crofton Kiwanis/Team Surlis Realtors 10K Challenge. Please check the event's official website for updates: http://www.croftonkiwanis.org

Any chance you'll come up for this, Phil? I suggested to Joe during our Ab Crest run yesterday morning that he should aim to beat your time from last year (walking time included).

I can beat my time from last year if I am remembering it correctly (44 minutes).   I have had injury problems and what not but for the month of May I actually did have a 2-3 runs each week, they just won't recorded, so I maintained a little bit more than you would think.  If I had to guess my 10K time right now, I guess slower than 41 minutes, but faster than 42 minutes.

However  I have my race in West Virginia that weekend so I won't be able to run.

philibusters

Perry and Crystal I am officially signed up for the 6 hour Annapolis run now.  I look forward to running with you two there.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That's exciting news. We'd figured you probably wouldn't actually do it, as it didn't look like you'd been training for distance.

Great news, Phil!  Hope the injury heals up quickly!

Durrr

I fear that tomorrow is going to be Rohan's Revenge (Rohan Meredith, a local Crofton favorite, was the runner-up behind me at last year's Kiwanis 10k Challenge). He must've done something intense to elavate his training this year, as according the athlinks he recently ran a 1:16:46 half-marathon (according to the RA race time predictor calculator, a 1:16:46 HM is the equivalent of a 34:19 10k). And then a  week later he ran a 16:45 5k in which he beat Karsten Brown to the finish by a single second. So, these Rohan revelations render my title defense determination dubious, and then there's the weather to put my PR potential in peril. It sounds like it's going to be torridly humid no thanks to this tropical storm mess, meaning it will likely feel far more akin to the Kiwanis weather we had in 2011 than the benign conditions we had last year (Joe and Phil can attest to the distinct differences between to the past two years in Crofton).

It's also occurred to me that this is the longest I've gone between racing experiences in the modern racing era (i.e., since the Chaptico Classic 2006). The 2013 Snapple High Cloud Half Marathon was practically half a year ago.

I recommend you take it easy at the start of the race, especially if it is raining. The weather should make you all a little slower if it gets bad, so anyone who starts as if it won't be a factor should slow up at some point. Be grateful for the bad weather; it can lower your expectations for yourself and let you just race by feel without holding yourself to an arbitrary time.

philibusters

It is looking more and more like the Fall Marathon I am going to run is Marine Corp Marathon up in DC.  I didn't register for the race and it is filled, but one of the guys in my running group and his wfie signed up and is unlikely his wife will be able to attend so in theory I have agreed with him that I will purchase her bib.  Hopefully this doesn't end up one of those scenarios where she has already promised to sell the bib to somebody else.

You might win her an age group award if you run quickly enough!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Phil - when are you going to sign up for Rosaryville? I don't know what the limit might be, but Ron (somewhere on FB) that he's getting more registrations this year. My plan is to sign up after you do.

philibusters

Phil - when are you going to sign up for Rosaryville? I don't know what the limit might be, but Ron (somewhere on FB) that he's getting more registrations this year. My plan is to sign up after you do.

I am unlikely to register for Rosaryville.  Two reasons... the drive from Hampton VA to my parents home.  That is the big reason.  The second reason is the 25K followed by the 6 hour run would make a tough week.  That said, if I was still living in Southern MD, I'd be running Rosaryville.

philibusters

So are we going to get a David Raley vs. Brandon Demers showdown tomorrow night or is that the following week?

Durrr

I am actually becoming fixated on the goal of trying to break 10:00 in the 3000 --- but I bet that even a 9:59 result could leave me trailing Demers by a significant gap.

philibusters

Perry and Crystal--- are you ready for ES6 in two weeks?

Perry and Crystal--- are you ready for ES6 in two weeks?

If my training is any indicator, then no.  A big no. I've only had 2 decent 20 mile runs.  Almost every other long run I began to decline after 11 miles.  It was either weak/tired legs, falling down, dehydration, exhaustion, sick to death of running, too much sun, feeling faint or nauseated, stomach pains/stitches from food intake, etc.