The League of Extraordinary Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 1665 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Is it this: http://tidewaterstriders.com/seashore50K/

Cause the photo at the top of the guy splashing through mud is not a strong selling point Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

According to the Jingle Bell site they will cap registration at 1200 runners. When I saw this I decided to actually pre-register for fear of it filling. It's unlikely, but last year they had 908 runners.

philibusters

Is it this: http://tidewaterstriders.com/seashore50K/

Cause the photo at the top of the guy splashing through mud is not a strong selling point Smile

Thats the race and if it rains it.

Durrr

Has anyone else had difficulty registering for Jinge Bell? I tried and failed last Thursday, I think, and the same error happened when I tried again just now. I entered all my credit card information very carefully, but then after clicking submit I again got "There has been an error processing your transaction. Please check your credit card information and billing address and try again, or contact your credit card issuer."

When this happened last week, I figured I'd mis-typed something, so I immediately retried only to have the same thing happen again. Yet upon going into my bank account (in which there were more than sufficient funds), I saw that the Arthritis Foundation had twice taken out $30 --- but then twice added $30 back (meaning each transaction was cancelled out, and I certainly never received any registration confirmation emails). I was hoping that was just a temporary glitch on the site last week, but clealry it hasn't been fixed. And sure enough, upon checking my bank account again just now, I see that the $30 out, $30 back in thing happened again. I had no trouble when registering for the Thanksgiving race a couple weeks ago.

Obviously my biggest concern is that the event will reach its capacity before I can successfully register.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Obviously my biggest concern is that the event will reach its capacity before I can successfully register.

Do they have a limit? Don't they do race morning registration?

Anyway, I'd suggest contacting Kelly.

Durrr

They're capping at 1200 participants, so I would most certainly not put my potential to participate in the trust of possibly unavailable race day registration. I'm very curious to know if anyone else is suffering this glitch, so it might be worth a post on the CBRC FB page. Meanwhile my card is definitely functional; in the past week I've gotten groceries, gas, and cash out of the ATM all without issue.

It worked for me a week ago.

When you moved to Lexington Park, did you change your address with the bank? Do your addresses both match? Does your name match your name on your card as written?

Durrr

Hah! Just for giggles, I tried using my old, Mechanicsville address as my billing information under the credit card info --- and it worked!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm timing my next beer mile, so I have a PR.

Nick Symmonds on 2014 goals

philibusters

I think my goals for the 10 miler next week are as follows (all goals assume good race conditions):

"A" goal:  Break 67 minutes.  Anything in the 66's is a great run for me.   I do not know, with any honesty if I have the fitness for this, but that is the A Goal

"B" Goal:  Break 68 minutes.  Only a minute slower than the A goal, I feel better about this goal.  I definitely do not feel its a lock, but I am fairly confident I have teh confidence to break 68 minutes or get within 30 seconds of doing so.

"C" Goal:  Break 70 minutes.   Whereas if I meet either my A or B goal, I'd call the race a success, merely meeting the C goal is not necessarily a success.  However, it means the race was not a disaster.  I ran 70:21 at LPR10.  I am banking on two things helping me.  First I think the water on the course probably added almost a minute to my time.  Second, I think I have improved my level of fitness since LPR10.

Durrr

As long as race day conditions aren't terrible, I don't think you'll have much trouble finishing sub-70:00.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hopefully Phil will come in under 67.

Durrr

And then some!

The more I think about it, the more unwise running the Frozen Heart 50k seems. Three weeks out is way too close for comfort. And while my biggest concern this time around is avoiding injury, my long run this morning made me realize that the foot blister potential alone could be enough to wreck havoc on my marathon ambitions. Still, I really would like to help Kara's event be a success, and I'm sure it would be a lot of hardy fun. I suppose I could sign up for the 10.5-mile option and then do my real long run the next day.

And then some!

The more I think about it, the more unwise running the Frozen Heart 50k seems. Three weeks out is way too close for comfort. And while my biggest concern this time around is avoiding injury, my long run this morning made me realize that the foot blister potential alone could be enough to wreck havoc on my marathon ambitions. Still, I really would like to help Kara's event be a success, and I'm sure it would be a lot of hardy fun. I suppose I could sign up for the 10.5-mile option and then do my real long run the next day.

Blaine is actually the instigator and POC behind this event.  Come out and volunteer. :-)

So the better question may be what interest does everyone have in a 10 miler on 23 February? It's 2 weeks before LPRM. I typically do a  brisk medium long run (13 miler) that weekend in my marathon training, so it's not too ridiculous to do a 10 miler instead. I do wish there were a couple of extra weeks between the races, though.