The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

I can probably wake up in time.

I still plan to be at the college at 4:30 today. I may have to help setup the theater tent around then, but I hope I can do that without any delay.

3 hours would be exactly a 9 minute pace (20 miles X 9 = 180 minutes), though water stops could add in some time.

I was factoring in 2 water and gel stops on the hour, plus the possible facility stop. I'm hoping to keep a sub 9min. mile pace though.

I can probably wake up in time.

I still plan to be at the college at 4:30 today. I may have to help setup the theater tent around then, but I hope I can do that without any delay.

We'll look for you at 4:30pm at the track parking lot.  If you have to help setup the tent then we can just run through campus and swing back around to get you when you're done.

Excellent! See you later. Good weather for a long run.

philibusters

I think I can swing TNT South at 8:30 a.m. I'm aiming for 15 miles, though, so my design would be to run 2.5 miles out and back X 3. How well do you think you'd handle a sub-8:00/mi pace?

I think I can handle it.  Maybe I'll aim to run the first lap slightly sub 8 with you and at that point you can speed up to your pace and I can slow down to my pace for the remainder of the run.  If you do the rest of it 1:30 minutes faster per mile (lets say 7:20 vs. 8:50), we'll finish the runs within 7 minutes of each other.

Phil,

I'm assuming Perry and I will be there Saturday, but for me it will depend on how today goes.  If I'm too beat up then I'll pass on the run.  If slightly beat up then I might run the slower, later portion with you all.

Durrr

My opening mile today was 6:40, and Crystal's first mile is listed as 9:07, so considering that I caught everyone right at the first mile mark, it can be deduced that the head start was a bit over 3 minutes.

philibusters

My opening mile today was 6:40, and Crystal's first mile is listed as 9:07, so considering that I caught everyone right at the first mile mark, it can be deduced that the head start was a bit over 3 minutes.

I think you got runners math.  That is 2 minutes and 27 seconds.

philibusters

Crystal said she ran 400 meter repeats between 81 and 85 seconds, which would have put her firmly in the lead at the 1500 meter Womens final yesterday... http://www.letsrun.com/news/2013/06/womens-1500-treniere-moser-wins-her-4th-us-1500-title-but-first-one-in-6-years-as-mary-cain-is-runner-up/

philibusters

Perry's running streak is at 1234 days.  Unfortuantely to get to 12345 straight days Perry will have to run another 30 years without missing a day.  However he can get to 2345 in just three more years.

Durrr

Unfortuantely to get to 12345 straight days Perry will have to run another 30 years without missing a day. 

I wouldn't expect Perry to do anything less.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm kind of tired, and my legs are kind of tired; I ran a lot last week.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I notice Phil has a tempo planned today for 4 miles in 26 minutes. I keep checking my math over and over again to arrive at that being a 6:30 pace. In my current shape that seems like a super hard effort. I think he intended it to be a little difficult when he scheduled it, so good luck! Next week's 3 mile tempo in 20:00 will feel like a breeze by comparison.

I notice that Phil and DR are about tied for mileage, but DR has the pace lead.

I'm wondering if Perry intends to hit 100 miles again.

I see that Crystal canceled a tempo due to the heat yesterday. Then she saw what looked like storm clouds, so hurried to get her run over with and practically ran a tempo anyway!

P.S. I'm glad that Phil is starting to leave notes in his log.

P.P.S. I just realized how much fire I'm going to come under for reveling in getting to read the logs of everyone else.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I don't expect a big week for two reasons: my display doesn't include Sunday, and I only got 5.5mi in Tue. But who knows....

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

Joe actually once called me a monster for taking pleasure in the logs of others whilst not keeping one of my own (on RA), but now ...

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster ... for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Nietzsche

I noticed that I've been averaging sub-7:20/mi for my weekly mileage for quite some time now:

Weekly Run stats

6/23/2013 – 6/29/2013: 26.0 mi 3:14:51 7:30 / mi
                                6/16/2013 – 6/22/2013: 53.0 mi 6:21:17 7:12 / mi
                                6/9/2013 – 6/15/2013: 0.0 mi 0:00
                                6/2/2013 – 6/8/2013: 38.0 mi 4:32:35 7:11 / mi
                                5/26/2013 – 6/1/2013: 70.0 mi 8:27:05 7:15 / mi
                                5/19/2013 – 5/25/2013: 60.0 mi 7:09:12 7:10 / mi

It says 7:30/mi for this week, yes, but after I factor in my Breezily Brisk from this morning and successfully complete Satruday's steady state, that pace should come way down.