The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

DR, what time tomorrow at SMC?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Better be on your toes (literally) next week Perry as I may get close to 80.

The side of my foot is sore from running on trails (I raced on trail last Saturday, ran on them last Sunday) and ran some more on them today, so I am hoping that doesn't develop into something serious.

I did a nice medium/long run this morning, with a progression at the end. Then I ate, showered, and took a 4 hour nap. I woke happy and refreshed, but then got suspicious, and went and checked, and darned if Phil hadn't gone back out and ran whilst I was sleeping!

So I just went out and ran during conf. championships Smile

Hopefully your double indicates your foot feels okay today, Phil?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

philibusters

I have tomorrow off from work for Martin Luther King day.  I got a long 20 miler tomorrow (Hopefully I complete it).  That is my last 20 miler before the 50K.  After that my mileage will decrease a little bit, but I probably get 18 in on Sunday as I have a 15 mile race that day.

Durrr

I predict that this week Perry will once again end up closer to 90 miles than 80 miles.

Joe, I've unfortunately made the decision to cancel my grand track ambitions for tomorrow. My easy Sunday run today was flowing along just dandily --- until right after I hit mile 5, when my left knee issue suddenly came back with a mild vengeance. Thus, though 7 miles had been my aim, I did the responsible thing and ceased at mile 6. And I'm afraid that doing 4 X 3200 could potentially cause a set back ... and at this point I can no longer afford to keep having my mileage potential getting ruined week after week due to sundry sources of soreness. However, I still want to utilize the day off, and I'm thinking a nice, late morning Lancaster lapper (as long as my knee holds up, my aim would be 9 miles minimum, 11 miles maximum). Starting at about 10 a.m., I'd say.

And as for the lost workout, a treadmill translation is likely. Yet rather than tediously treading through "4 X 3200" on the machine, I'm thinking of simplifying it to 2 X 4-mile hard tempos (i.e., 2-mile warm up phase, 4-mile tempo, 1-mile recovery, 4-mile tempo, 1-mile cool down).

Durrr

However, I still want to utilize the day off, and I'm thinking a nice, late morning Lancaster lapper (as long as my knee holds up, my aim would be 9 miles minimum, 11 miles maximum). Starting at about 10 a.m., I'd say.

Nobody else showed up.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I actually thought you were running on the treadmill. Now I see that you meant Lancaster Pk.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have tomorrow off from work for Martin Luther King day.  I got a long 20 miler tomorrow (Hopefully I complete it).  That is my last 20 miler before the 50K.  After that my mileage will decrease a little bit, but I probably get 18 in on Sunday as I have a 15 mile race that day.

In celebration of, and competition with, your 20-miler, I tripled today.

Last 7 days: 103.9 mi 14:35:00

Tomorrow maybe I'll cut back. Especially depending on the snow.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Even Joe has logged, and Phil still hasn't.

Two days no running and I may not run today, either. BOOO!

Durrr

I groaned upon looking at the extended forecast, knowing that it indicates I'll be primarily confined to the treadmill for the foreseeable future (it looks like I'm doomed to yet another treadmill long run ... this time for 22 miles!). However, when thinking about others who have to either run outside or not run at all, I can't help but be grateful for my treadmill prison. I really don't know how I'd be handling marathon training this winter without it.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Two days no running and I may not run today, either. BOOO!

Time to go run at Chancellor's. I said I'd txt Alison and let her know if the parking lot conditions were good for running.

My log is currently inaccurate, as it does not include my last week's worth of running except for the treadmill run. I added it quickly because it's not saved in my watch. I didn't run much last week, though. I think I will be lucky if I show 20 miles for that week. The scale at DR's facilities claimed I weighed 170 lbs, which is significantly lighter than I expected.

Durrr

A slightly disturbing development:  this morning a guy I'd never seen before came into the fitness center to use a treadmill (MY treadmill, which I'd just finished using). That brings the total number of early morning treadmill users I've encountered this year up to 3. Now, I still haven't seen more than one of them in there at the same time, but it's now less impossible that multiple people could show up concurrently --- meaning all 3 treadmills could conceivably be all occupied simultaneously when you factor me in. The dude I saw today, however, didn't show up until about 6:40 a.m. (when I was hitting the machines), so he's hopefully no threat to our 5 a.m.-hour treadmill running.

A more blatantly disturbing development:  when I entered the fitness center this morning, I almost immediately noticed a couple things were missing:  the 2 wall TVs! They'd been plucked right off the walls, leaving only the hanging fixtures and the dangling cables. So, while my initial thought was "inside job theft!", it's hard to imagine a criminal being so dumb as to leave the step-stool ladder they'd used sitting right there at the scene of the "crime". More likely the SMLA staff took them down for servicing ... or perhaps replacement (while the one on the right seems to have sound but no picture, the one on the left was working just fine during my Saturday long run). Either way, it ended up being a rather quiet, dull run today.

Most of my runs on the third treadmill are spent staring either out the window slightly to my left or reading the 1980s-era exercise instruction poster slightly to the right. Staring straight ahead points my eyes at the space of wall between the window frame and the poster frame. It's a terrible view. I should use the middle treadmill, but the odds of DR and I catching whiffs of BO increase exponentially if we do that.

Durrr

So that's why you leave the middle treadmill as a buffer:  you think that I should be renamed from DR to PU! This morning I could either look straight through my blurry reflection in the window to the darkness without or at the 1980s-era heart rate chart to the left of the window. I sure was missing Aaron Gilchrist/Eun Yang and gang of DC News 4.