The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

Durrr

There was the temptation to take it outside yesterday afternoon --- but from experience I know that it's psychologically very difficult to make it more than 7 miles when I'm running around and around the SMLA buildings. And until daylight savings happens, there's still too much of a darkness factor for a long evening run at Lancaster Park. However, I intend to be on the SMCM track until after dark tomorrow evening.

Go figure, I can't make it!

Durrr

By the way, I should've inquired, but are sports teams already back to practicing on the infield? I would assume so, as the SMCM athletic calendar indicates that lacrosse season is in full swing. But that really wouldn't be too much of an issue today, as I'm not doing a serious interval set or anything like that; I'm just going to be running a whole lot of fairly fast laps around the track.

Durrr

David, when we get warm whether like yesterday you really should run outside to keep your legs used to that.  It got up to the high 50's down here in Virginia yesterday (like 58 or 59 degrees).

Phillip, I ran outside tonight.

In the final mile of my steady state this evening, I was inspired to keep pace with the purportedly unplanned progression posted by Perry this morning.

philibusters

Tonight is my last big speedwork prior to the marathon.  8 X 800 at 3 minutes per 800.   I am actually doing a speed work next week during the first week of my taper, but its more maintenance than running fitness building 4 X 800 at 3 minutes per 800.  I am not doing any speed in the final week of taper.

Durrr

I'll take heed if you can find the speed you need for this last big deed following your recent mileage greed.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Don't let greed to succeed push you too exceed your need or impede your taper.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

I'm beginning to think that Phil might be withholding some log information from us!

Durrr

I was disappointed that I didn't hit 300 miles for January or March, but I basically did get a 300-mile month after all!

Last 30 days: 301.0 mi 34:29:52 6:53 / mi

Meanwhile, though Perry pulled far ahead for February, I'm not 100% certain that I managed to keep Phil at bay.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Just saw this in my summary:

Last 7 days: 28.8 mi 4:32:40

Durrr

Your last 8 days would present a significantly higher tally.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Crystal is leading now:

AmoresPerros 21.5 mi 3:12:43
                          Durrr 20 mi 2:22:23
                          philibusters 8.2 mi 1:03:52
                          Soprano 23.3 mi 3:16:10

Crystal is leading now:

AmoresPerros 21.5 mi 3:12:43
                            Durrr 20 mi 2:22:23
                            philibusters 8.2 mi 1:03:52
                            Soprano 23.3 mi 3:16:10

Slackers

:-)

Durrr

With all due respect ...

NameDistance ▼Time
                              philibusters  29.3 mi 3:58:43
                              Durrr  27 mi 3:08:38
                              AmoresPerros  24.7 mi 3:35:21
                              Soprano  23.3 mi 3:16:10

One Sunday can make quite a difference!

Durrr

A remarkable trend over the past 6 weekends. I keep running a long distance that's 2 (or so) miles longer than that which I ran 3 weeks prior --- but even so I keep taking 9 seconds off the overall average pace. That is, 6 weekends ago I ran 22 miles at a 6:46/mi pace; 3 weekends ago I ran 24 miles at a 6:37/mi pace; and then today I ran 26.2 miles (or 26.44 miles as my Forerunner would contend) at a 6:28/mi pace. But don't expect me to go running approximately 28 miles at a 6:19/mi pace in 3 weeks from now.