The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

philibusters

I'm not running regularly. I'm probably getting 5 to 10 miles per week right now if I'm lucky. The achilles is improving; it just takes a long time to do correctly. I've been doing some push ups and crunches to try and burn calories and I'm walking to try and stay slim. I probably walk 15+ miles per week. I walked 10 miles on Sunday, but that was a fluke.

Yikes.  It really sucks that the trail race really messed your achilles.  The weird thing was that you felt okay during the run.

Durrr

Hmm, 10 miles is quite a long way to walk. I can't imagine it took less than 3 hours. Were you lost in the wilderness?

philibusters

Just saw your latest running entry DR.   What were you doing drinking alcohol on a work night?

Durrr

There was a two-person, two-class (2000 and 2001) SMR reunion, and since it took place along the bar of Red Oak Bistro (which, curiously enough, was founded by a member of SMR 2002) of La Plata, some alcohol consumption was inevitable.

An important facet of my rushed training for the Hospice 10k was going to be a Camp Calvert Rd hills workout --- but today was literally the only day that would've been an ideal date for that. And look at what's going on outside. Thus I'm going to have to improvise on the treadmill. I'm thinking I'll get it going to a fairly brisk speed and then, at regular intervals, crank the incline way for a period before putting it back down flat for recovery before the next "ascent". A Fartlek Friction based on varying incline rather than pace.

philibusters

I felt pretty fatiigued yesterday during my run.  Not sure why.  I am wondering if it was the race Saturday or the marathon from a couple weeks ago.  I also had a successful diet week last week and lost 2 pounds so it may be related to calorie deficits.  Anyway I took two walk breaks yesterday (actually three but one was to wait for somebody else so that doesn't count).

Almost definitely the accidental 10 mile run plus the race plus an attempted high volume day. Yikes, that's a lot. Plus the lifting...

philibusters

I was pretty happy with my speed session last night.  Got the first mile in 5:53, the second in 5:56.  I didn't complete the third one, but ran three laps in 4:31, then did an 800 in 2:51.  I do want to complete the 3 X 1600 all sub-6 though.  That would show I have the potential to go sub 18:30-18:40 on the right course with a proper taper.

Durrr

Your 800 was faster than were a couple of my 800s from the other night --- including my "fast" finish finale!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

FYI: My streak is broken.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

philibusters

FYI: My streak is broken.

What happened?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Crystal caught me drinking some of her OJ, so she smacked me over the head, and I fell down, and had to be taken by emergency services. So Crystal made up some story about me falling down and forgetting stuff. And they wrote me up as a head injury trauma case, cause every time they asked me what happened, I didn't want Crystal to smack me again with the wooden spoon, so I said I didn't know, so I went to PG Trauma Center for a couple days. And they asked me my name over and over. It got so boring that I wanted to start making up new names, but I was afraid what might happen if I did that.

I did ask Crystal to ask the nurses if I could climb out of my hospital bed to go running, to preserve my streak, but apparently she failed to convey the importance well enough.

Durrr

Should I be suspicious considering that the "last" day of your streak was on April Fool's Day? Well, in any event, all the mileage (and racing!) you've done since yesterday afternoon would seem to indicate that you're doing quite well now. And 1515 is an excellent number.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Finishing warmup jog

After turn-around, passing Jeanne. But it's so bright you really can't see my bandage.

But in the award shot it's very clear.

philibusters

Finishing warmup jog

After turn-around, passing Jeanne. But it's so bright you really can't see my bandage.

But in the award shot it's very clear.

I am glad you are okay.  How you feeling?

But it's so bright you really can't see my bandage.

You should see the other guy!