The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

Diesel Power

I have two weekday evenings and one weekend morning in which I can carve out about an hour or so for running.  By "running," I mean running, stretching, and ideally showering.  My aerobic capacity is not at an all-time low, but it's certainly not good.

Joe recommended I start with a 2/4/6 schedule, with strides on the two-mile day.  This will likely end up being closer to 1/2/3 for a week or more, and I'll try to build up to 2/4/6.

So last night I ran a mile at a 10:43 pace.  I felt like I could have run 3 arduous miles at the pace.  The MapMyRun pace chart shows I ran a very consistent pace.  After the mile, I did four strides of about 125 meters in length.  My quads feel as though I did a light squat workout yesterday.

I'm scheduled to lift tonight, and have penciled a 2-3 mile run in for tomorrow evening.

It's the lifting that's making you sore. The running is great!

Diesel Power

Speaking of lifting:

Squats 5 5 150 lb Warm-up: 45x10, 95x5, 125x3 EditDelete
        Overhead Barbell Press 5 5 90 lb Warm-up: 45x10, 65x5 EditDeleteMove up
        Deadlift 1 5 200 lb Warm-up: 135x5, 165x5

Was the fewer reps of deadlift due to precaution or due to difficulty?

Diesel Power

Deadlifts - I think a little of both, especially after doing 5x5 of squats.

philibusters

I am coming down to Southern Maryland to spend the fourth with my parents.  Is anybody interested in a long run tomorrow morning?

Sorry, I didn't check the message board after I left work on Thursday!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Oops, I didn't see this either. We did our long run on the Fourth morning itself.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I just found the VolState tracking and Tom DeKornfeld is 178 miles in. That is not really tapering for ES6.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have not yet put tonight's run in, but even after I do so, I will still have fewer miles in all of August than Phil ran last week.

"All of August" sounded really massive until I realized we're 18 days through, so more like 2.5 weeks. No need to panic yet. Whew!

philibusters

I cannot tell if Perry didn't run much this past week or just hasn't logged his miles yet.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I haven't run much for several weeks. I have logged everything. I did go long this weekend--but not nearly as fast as your long run this morning, Phil--nice job.

philibusters

I don't think I noticed you logged this weekend.  Before you ran long yesterday you had 12 miles for the week and when I saw you had 12 miles for the week today, I think I assumed that those were the same 12 miles from last week.

Phil, that was a heck of a long run. Make sure you get good recovery. Who all is doing Richmond with you?