The League of Extraordinary Runners

Race Results (Read 2297 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Race report spoiler alert:  Phil did successfully avoid getting lapped by me ... but by a window of perhaps less than 10 seconds!

Mark Schwab may have been lapped by me; I'm not sure. His "last" split and his final time are in violent disagreement. But that barely holds a candle to the state of Anna's splits; I gave up and just posted them as we had them; they're incomprehensible in the last mile.

I see that the results of the 400s and the 4 X 200 relay went online promptly, but the fields for the two 5000m heats remain blank.

That's my latest trick. I post updates as I make them, on the off-chance that there is any interested runner out there looking, so they can see some results as we finish them. They are all done now, by the way.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

It looks like they had a tough time tracking me and Jereamy, as they only have our 1600, 2000, 2400, and 2800m splits. But I'll attest that I was at 1:13 at 400; 2:37 at 800 (1:24); 4:00 at 1200 (1:23); 11:06 at 3200 (1:26) ... then I can't say for absolute certain for the rest.

I'll admit I find it rather controversial that Mark Schwab has a time listed in the results rather than "DNF". What's the real difference between quitting at 4600m as opposed to 2800m or 3600m? Well, I suppose the difference is that his finish at 11.5 laps was accidental --- and could perhaps have been motivated by him hearing the bell rung for me and Jereamy one lap prematurely (if that had really been the bell lap, me and the fastest Hall kid both would've had a strong shot at breaking 16:00!).

philibusters

Mark Schwab may have been lapped by me; I'm not sure. His "last" split and his final time are in violent disagreement. But that barely holds a candle to the state of Anna's splits; I gave up and just posted them as we had them; they're incomprehensible in the last mile.

That's my latest trick. I post updates as I make them, on the off-chance that there is any interested runner out there looking, so they can see some results as we finish them. They are all done now, by the way.

Mark took the 4th place card but he still had a lap left.  He never ran the last lap so he is probably best considered a DNF.  You didn't lap him because they gave him the 4th place card, you got the 5th place card, Greg Imhof got the 6th place card, and I got the 7th place card.  So you were probably close, but you would have got a lower card than Mark if you lapped him.

philibusters

I just looked at the time, everybody time seems one person off.  For example it has me at 18:43:60, but I am pretty sure I am actually the 18:43:93 person.  Greg Imhof beat me by about .3 seconds.  I think you actually ran an 18:20 Perry. 

philibusters

I am pretty sure it was not Schwab who caused the issue, I think the issue is that the second fastest Hall kid, Joshua who ran in the 17:30 according to DR (which time was given to Mark). Whoever did the cards for the fast heat may not have given Joshua a card.

Durrr

No, I got the #3 card, and by simple math I had to have lapped Mark Schwab since my 5000m time was 8 seconds faster than his 4600m time. So Greg Imhoff didn't really run 18:20? I was certainly stunned when I saw that in the results, as I never had any previous indication that he was that fast.

MTA:  yeah I could swear that the 2nd fastest Hall kid was catching up to me at the end. So perhaps Josh Hall ran 17:30, then Schwab came in at 18:15 for 4600m and stopped, then Perry finished 5k 18:20, and then Greg and Phil both at 18:43 (Imhoff at .6 and Phil at .93).

Durrr

This is how I think the top 8 should look:

1 Chris DeWitt 17:12.86      

2 Jereamy Hall 17:20.86      

3 David Raley 17:22.30      

4 Josh Hall 17:30.74      

5 Mark Schwab (4600m/DNF) 18:15.85      

6  Perry Rapp 18:20.31      

7 Greg Imhof 18:43.60      

8 Phil McCollum                    18:43.92

Something definitely seems awry with the finish times, but from matching the order of the cards with the times on the tape that is what we have.  I had thought that Phil and Greg were much closer at the finish too.  The designated split taker did not inform us when folks were on bell lap or finishing so we had to surmise by the general order as runners continuously passed us and by each person's acceleration to the finish.  I do not see how Josh Hall would have gotten that far out of placement though.?????

Mark Schwab finished early as he said that his split-taker told him he was on his final lap.

The bell lap rang too early for DR and Jereamy due to a miscount of laps from someone at the finish line.  For some reason they thought they had already counted 11 laps for the leaders so they said it was your bell lap.

Unfortunately for DR, the person designated to take his splits (as well as about 4 or 5 other people's splits) decided that they were only going to count laps with tick marks.  When I noticed this I reminded them to take splits, but they said it was too difficult and would put down a few.  Lesson for next time:  Do not ask this individual to take splits in the future - give them another job.

So, lots of human error last night, but hopefully helpful for knowing what to fix next time.

Durrr

The bell lap rang too early for DR and Jereamy due to a miscount of laps from someone at the finish line.  For some reason they thought they had already counted 11 laps for the leaders so they said it was your bell lap.

Well, at that point we were halfway through completing our 11th whole lap (starting from the start line), so I could see where things could get confused. But of course 10.5 laps = 2 whole more laps to the finish. Meanwhile I'm convinced that Josh Hall ran 17:30, and that that 18:15 had to have been Mark Schwab's 4600m/DNF (Perry's Forerunner post strongly indicates that he was the 18:20 runner).

This would probably dismay a lot of people, but perhaps, in the future, impose a 12 person limit to a 5000m heat --- with a first sign up, first get to run policy. It seems like anything much over a dozen poses a nightmare for split takers and finish line coordinators.

Durrr

This photo captures the futility of how the majority of my race went --- stuck drafting off of Jereamy's right shoulder (so I indeed spent much of the race all but straddling the line between lanes one and two ... which doesn't take into account all the times I had to veer to the right for the sake of lapping people).

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Oops, I should have read this thread earlier. I got notified by an email from Greg Imhof telling me that his time is off -- he pointed out that he didn't run the last 200 in 20sec. From the final splits, I can see the shift is back to at least Alan. I'm hoping Dave Walser can shed some light on the order at the end -- whether he finished in an apparent tie with the person listed before him or the person listed after him.

philibusters

Oops, I should have read this thread earlier. I got notified by an email from Greg Imhof telling me that his time is off -- he pointed out that he didn't run the last 200 in 20sec. From the final splits, I can see the shift is back to at least Alan. I'm hoping Dave Walser can shed some light on the order at the end -- whether he finished in an apparent tie with the person listed before him or the person listed after him.

I was pretty confident Greg's time was wrong because he passed me with like 10 meters left so I knew he didn't beat me by 23 seconds.

philibusters

I think while last night was slightly disappointing, I did run a smarter tactical race than last Tuesday.  If I had run this smart last Tuesday, I probably would have been looking at maybe a 5:14 or 5:15 rather than 5:17.     Oh well, I just need to run a smart tactical race in a race I go into in great shape.

Durrr

So if Josh Hall truly ran 18:58, then the case was that I had lapped him toward the end --- and not that he was starting to catch me. That makes sense because, based on my finish time, people who ran 18:50-19:00 would've been the people I didn't lap until almost the end (hence why Phil, at 18:43, just barely escaped my lapping). I still think that Schwab should be stricken from the records (also, 4600m in 18:15 = 6:24/mi pace).

My race had next to no tactical intelligence.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Thanks for the correction. (Although I get 18:15.9 * 1609/4600 = 6:23 pace -- same if I use 1609.34).