The League of Extraordinary Runners

Race Results (Read 2297 times)

philibusters

I saw Perry ran a 2.0 mile race in his log and thought he quit mid-way through Hospice.  But no, that was just yesterday's race.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have a 10mi race (Cherry Pit) tomorrow, as well.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

Congrats to Crystal! I'm having trouble remembering --- was that your first 1OAF victory at Hospice?

I've now had 3 consecutive 2OA finishes at Hospice, sigh.

Congrats to all who ran well!

Congrats to Crystal! I'm having trouble remembering --- was that your first 1OAF victory at Hospice?

I've now had 3 consecutive 2OA finishes at Hospice, sigh.

Thanks DR and Joe.  Yes, this was my first overall female win for Hospice.  I think I've come in second before......can't remember.  I can't say it was an impressive time for the win, but no one else showed up. :-)

philibusters

Nice, I did not realize Crystal was the first overall female.

Phil, what effort did you give the race at the law school? I saw you put it down as a tempo. Did you run that pace on purpose or just feel?

philibusters

Phil, what effort did you give the race at the law school? I saw you put it down as a tempo. Did you run that pace on purpose or just feel?

I ran the first mile at race effort (albeit conservative race effort) and then backed off when I saw that it was going to be a slow time.

philibusters

Some people think history is cyclical.  I don't think so, but I think there is a kernal of truth:  you are doomed to repeat your mistakes unless you learn from them.  Anyway, I repeated my mistakes of the summer of 2013 and got the same result a pulled hamstring.

So I ran Endless Summer 6 hour run (about 33 miles) and then four days later tried to run a mid week 5k in the Norfolk Botanical Gardens and it resulted in my pulling my right hammy with about half a mile in the race (still managed a 19:15)

This time I ran the 50 miler than tried to run three legs of the Colonial Relay starting 6 days later.  I had two legs on Friday of about 4 miles each and a 9 mile leg Saturday of 9 miles.  I pulled my right hammy on my second four mile leg Friday and had to sit out my last leg.

I ran terrible too.  I had no legs for my first four miler.   Between the 50 miler, sitting in a car all day, and a couple big hills I raced my 4.3 mile leg at only a 7 minute pace.  Amazingly, I managed to do my second leg at a slightly faster pace despite pulling my hamstring a little bit before the 3 mile mark.  It was disappointing but foreseeable.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I am sorry to hear that, Phil.

It does make me glad I did not race Leatherneck yesterday. Instead I ran Crystal's 10mi 7:50 pace run with her. We went a bit faster than that, and I found it hard work by halfway through, with my hamstrings hurting and me feeling very tired. I had to stop and walk after we hit the 10mi mark, before I could start the easy jogdown.

Crystal's 10 mile run sounds a lot like my half marathon. That's a hard training run. I'm curious if that's in preparation for a specific race.

Phil, I saw your dad I think Friday when I was running the neighborhood and I may have cursed you. I told him how surprised I was that you were already doing another distance race and that I hoped you didn't get hurt. Your dad was really excited, though.

I assumed you were just going to do your leg at an easy pace. Wow. I can't fathom trying to race it the same week (a few days after) a 50 miler. My experience has taught me that walking after a long race is really good for recovery. Especially if I have to go to work and sit still for 9 hours a day or so after the race; I make a concerted effort to go out and walk at night as if I were preparing for my afternoon run. Today, for example, it was just a half marathon but I packed running clothes... so I can walk.

I ran the Frederick Half over the weekend as a steady state run and I did it probably at Crystal's pace. I was very happy with my result simply because I didn't hurt my achilles, which was my worry going into the run. My goal was just to get in a quality long run, so I trained through the week, but did take Saturday a little bit easier (ran 30 minutes instead of 60 that I would have). I also stretched after that 30 minute run, which I haven't done in months probably. I wore the Adios with its 10 or 11mm offset and then compression socks in case they would help at all. The area between my achilles and calf is sore today, but I don't think it's injured. Better than I would have hoped for after a brisk road long run. This is the longest run I've done since the 15 miler I did in preparation for the Newport News marathon I didn't do.

philibusters

I think you impressed me.  I thought you might be able to race a 1:38 so the fact that you were able to steady state it means I am still underestimating you.  We may be in similar half marathon shape as I can probably only run a 1:32 or 1:33 (on a fast course in decent weather)

Crystal's 10 mile run sounds a lot like my half marathon. That's a hard training run. I'm curious if that's in preparation for a specific race.

I wanted to get some idea where my fitness level was in preparation for the Chestertown 10 Miler over Memorial Day weekend.  I thought I would have a hard time keeping a 7:50 - 8:00 min. per mile pace for 10 miles, but I it turned out that I actually had trouble slowing down.  The pace felt good, but my legs were getting tired in the last few miles.  I don't see a PR for the 10 miler, but hopefully, it won't be an embarrassing time. :-)

philibusters

Perry ran a solid 3200.  All his other times were meh, but I assume he ran the 3200 first and kind of "cruise raced" the others.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I pretty much raced all of them. The difference between me and a high schooler, I now see, is that when I race the 1600 after the 3200, my pace is slower.