The League of Extraordinary Runners

Banter (Read 1523 times)

Diesel Power

I definitely learned that on "Saved by the Bell" a LONG time ago.
    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So was the opening Office episode entertaining?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Diesel Power

It was a little creepy, actually. My skin was crawling for most of it.
        Durrr

It was supposed to be an extremely uncomfortable situation, and they pulled it off hysterically well.
          Durrr

From washingtonrunningreport.com: Michael Wardian (34) of Arlington, VA won the USA 100K Men's Championship on Sunday with a course record time of 6:56:57 in Madison, WI. Race director Timo commented that Mike used the 10K loop course [with gently rolling hills through the UW arboretum, and along Lake Wingra's shore] like a clock. After four loops at 42 minutes each, he ran the next three loops at 38. Michael and top female Carolyn Smith of Milwaukee, WI will represent the USA in the 100K World Cup race in Tuscania, Italy on November 8. That's the same guy who won this year's Lower Potomac River Marathon!

Diesel Power

On the old forums, we talked a couple of times about Herschel Walker and how he talked about being ripped without ever touching a weight… he would just do something like 500 push-ups and sit-ups a day. Apparently a hole has come up in this story. Walker’s recently admitted to having played Russian Roulette by himself, and has also claimed to having about a dozen personalities. One of these alleged personalities once held a gun to his now ex-wife’s head and told her that he was going to kill her. I think it’s now less reliable than ever to believe him about his workout regimen.

Diesel Power

I spoke with my dad about the new plans for the SMR track program. He said that the only way he would consider throwing his name in the mix for a coaching position would be if Joe and DR do the same.
                Durrr

Joe and I were actually discussing the matter the other night. Both of us agreed that it would fairly impractical to do as far as work and driving go. Like I said before, I'd have to start getting to work at least an hour and a half earlier than I do now, and I'd use up a beastly amount of gas driving down to Ryken five days a week. But then again, a lot can change within a year.
                  Spoon

Buy a little scooter DR - 100 miles/gal. Problem solved!
                    Durrr

I might as well ride a bicycle!
                      Spoon

There ya go! Use it as an opportunity to become a bi/triathlete!
                        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm not sure about riding across the Solomon's bridge on a bicycle -- at least on a scooter you get to ride in the middle of the lane (ie, not ride at the edge of the bridge), right?

Spoon

I say you swim from Solomons with the bike leashed across your back! Too far?
                            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Now that would make a great t-shirt: Real Triathletes carry their bike when they swim! Smile

Durrr

Hypothetically it would be possible to swim almost the entire distance from my work to Ryken. There's hardly more than a mile between RB and the Patuxent, where it flows under the Benedict bridge, so --- whilst wearing a life jacket or other flotation device for endurance --- I could jump into the water there and let the current take me! Eventually I'd flow under the Solomons bridge, and then I'd exit the mouth of the Patuxent, travel the bay front length of St. Mary's County to the peninsular end, round Point Lookout (hopefully I wouldn't get swept down the Chesapeake and thence to the ocean!), enter the mouth of the Potomac, paddle upriver for 20-30 miles (passing points like St. George's Island and Tall Timbers!), make a right into Breton Bay, and finally climb up out of the water onto the Ryken pier. The journey would only take several days, but I'd save a lot on gas!