Banter (Read 1523 times)

Durrr

January Birthdays!

William Rehder 01/01

John Jordan 01/03

Laura Magdeburger 01/04

Monique Sebo 01/05

Crystal Rapp 01/10

Hmm, has Crystal been playing the same multi-birthday game that Perry has? I recall Phil wishing her a happy birthday just a couple weeks ago, yet here it comes again tomorrow (according to the CBRC newsletter).

Durrr

I would recommend reading Kerry Staats' moving piece in the newsletter. Before I just recognized him as a guy who shows up to a lot of races with his wife and daughters --- the patriarch of a running family --- but it turns out that he's maintained his ultra dedication to running/fitness (he's run 143 marathons!) through some major ordeals relating to a devastating spinal disc disorder. But I'm kind of glad that my piece on Jingle Bell was put in before his testimonial, as from a sentimental/emotional perspective it would've been a hard act to follow. Meanwhile I would say that Kara's inclusion of her anti-Hot Chocolate 15k rant was in poor taste, adding much negativity to the newsletter --- except her delivery was, as usual, entertaining enough to forgive.

January Birthdays!

Crystal Rapp 01/10

Hmm, has Crystal been playing the same multi-birthday game that Perry has? I recall Phil wishing her a happy birthday just a couple weeks ago, yet here it comes again tomorrow (according to the CBRC newsletter).

I don't actually know how my birthday got in there as 1/10.  I did not put that date on any form or anything.  My actual birthday is 12/20.  I don't post it on facebook so there's one less bit of personal info out there about me.  I had my identity stolen several years ago so I try to be discerning when giving out personal info.

philibusters

I am pretty sure I know Crystal and Perry's real birthdays.  I think Perry's is in May, maybe early June, though I am  not exactly sure.  I remember it happening last year, but don't remember the specific date.   Its around that time of year.  I knew Crystal's cause she had told me a couple days before as there was a Solomon's island run then they went to dinner and it was partly a birthday dinner.

Durrr

FYI:

With regard to CBRC Grand Prix scoring:

I've started using a program to find CBRC members in race results, and it matches names against a copy of the CBRC membership database.

This means that if you race under a different name (nickname, extra initial, generational suffix...) than we have listed in the CBRC membership database, I won't see your result, and you won't be scored in the Grand Prix, unless you send the result to me.

I happen to have noticed five people whose results were missed due to name mismatches (Phil McCollum, Timothy Wolfe, Mike Whitson, George Sisson, and Wayne Guy), and I emailed the first four with details.

I don't have an email address for Wayne Guy -- Wayne, if you see this, and want to know more information, send me an email.

Cordially,

Perry

Has Phil continued to race under the alias Fillmore Cullom?

philibusters

I will have to start paying attention to how I register for races.  To me Philip McCollum (which is what  I think I usually register with) and Phil McCollum are synonmous.  At work I use Philip McCollum, but outside work there is no rhythm or reason to what I use.  I don't spell my name the American way with two L's, rather I spell it the British way with one L.

That said, sometimes I am surprised.  When I registered for classes at CSM last semester the register couldn't find me.  It turns out I previously registered as  Phil McCollum, not Philip McCollum, which surprised me, so the same issue happens to me.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

We have a bias as runners. We know something about the effort required to be healthy. Imagine being at the pool. We're the ones in the water having fun and saying, "Come in! The water is warm!" ...

I expect to see you at 2PM on the 28th to run and then jump into Breton Bay at 3PM.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

And people pay to do this?

And people pay to do this?

Some people ask the same question about runners. :-)

Durrr

Rather creepy to think this took place in Breton Bay just a few hours before the plunge.

http://smnewsnet.com/archives/8773

Also ... Kara is always cracking wise, much to the amusement of those around her --- but when someone crosses Peanut, her wit turns devastating:

(From her Snapple Half Marathon race report, Sunday)

The race start was really crowded and it took about 2 miles to open up. During that crowded period I had one very angry woman demand "Is that dog allowed?" and she said the word "dog" like I would say "crack pipe" in reference to a kindergarten classroom. I told her "Yep!" and she was like "I doubt it!". Ok, lady. Don't be mad that my dog beat you at running and she's prettier too.

Durrr

Beyond pathetic now ...

http://www.paccsa.org/webcam.htm

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Beyond pathetic now ...

http://www.paccsa.org/webcam.htm

Somebody ought to sweep up the leaves into a pile right around the sign, and see if they could get it up to 1 or 2 feet that way.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

Woah woah how did something so pathetic suddenly turn into this?? That's officially skiable!

So, Perry and I got to course measure on Saturday for Keep Your Colon Rollin'.  We used 2 garmins and a wheel.  It was a nice math workout for Perry and the Race Director, Tammy.   What was interesting is that we measured the same course as last year (which many people thought was long) and came up just a bit short.  The garmins measured a tiny bit shorter than the wheel.