The League of Extraordinary Runners

Banter (Read 1523 times)

Durrr

If only every race course received that level of careful cartographical commitment to accuracy.

philibusters

To Joe and DR, I saw Patrick Farrell a teacher at St. Mary's Ryken passed away.  Was he a teacher there when we were students there?   I remember a history and geography teacher that I never took a class with who may be the person, but am not sure.

philibusters

Nevermind, I found him on Linkedin.  He joined Ryken's staff in 2002 after we had graduated.

Durrr

I saw a pdf-type blurb about it posted on Facebook, but the font used was very tiny --- so at first I misread that the name of the departed religion teacher was ... Patricia Powell! But after straining my eyes I discerned that the name was actually Patrick Farrell. He definitely started after our time.

I believe Fitzpatrick was the last name of the guy Phil is recalling.

philibusters

That sounds right Joe.  And Fitzpatrick as a P and a F (though not in that order) that was probably confusing me with Patrick Farrell

A RA poster makes a comic strip that he's been advertising on the site. I like a lot of them.

http://www.crustedsalt.com/pages/crustedsalt_1.html

I think 18 might be my favorite.

Durrr

This one seems relevant to Phil's recent racing experience.

You should share these on the CBRC Facebook wall.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

DR, will the Amish be at the library tomorrow morning? I mean, I can't imagine what crops they'd have, but I wonder if they sell baked goods in the winter?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

The Amish market was forlorn and deserted last Saturday. They close up during the winter.

Durrr

I just remembered the most startling sight seen during this morning's run:  a fully lit Christmas tree, being prominently displayed through the main window of a house on Huntt Rd. I'll have to keep passing by to see if it makes it into March.

Maybe they don't take it down until after Christmas in April.

Maybe it's a tree they just keep decorated all year, except at Christmas they decorate it appropriately for Christmas.

Or they could be a rare sect of scientific-minded religious pioneers. Theorists believe the actual birth would have happened some time in the spring, so more like Easter than actual Christmas.

Durrr

I mainly figured that they must be rednecky in the tacky sort of way ...

Hey, I'm a redneck woman, I ain't no high class broad
                            I'm just a product of my raising I say, Hey y'all and Yee-haw
                            And I keep my Christmas lights on, on my front porch all year long ...

I caved in and ordered three pairs of the shoe Phil advertised to me. It's a much more bulky trainer than I'm accustomed to, but I've been having some difficulty running on the roads in the shoes I do have. After a very good last couple of months in terms of shoe purchasing, I've gone and bought 5 pairs of shoes in the last two weeks. Argh!

The Brooks T7 racer is not getting updated this spring, but it is getting a new color. RunningWarehouse has not stocked the new color yet, though some other retailers have. I'm annoyed by this. I would have bought one of the Defyance and one of the T7 Racer, but after waiting weeks upon weeks for the T7 to be available I decided to wait no longer and just spend it on three Defyances.

DR, check out the following link: http://forums.glenhuntly-athletics.com/index.php?showtopic=467

Scroll down to the Womens Marathon Training table and look at the column for Ingrid Kristiansen.  Her training essentially consists of a morning treadmill run and skiing in the afternoon. Only one day in the week does it look like she may have run outdoors.