The League of Extraordinary Runners

Banter (Read 1523 times)

Durrr

If Phil is still here Thursday afternoon I vote we do some sort of dinner. I'm unsure of his timeline, though. I thought he'd be here until this Friday.

Durrr

Back to Bollywood?

Wait, tomorrow is Thursday (perhaps Joe, like me, felt like today must be Tuesday). I'm supposed to double tomorrow, but if we do get something together for Phil, I'll probably head over to Lancaster after work and do my 8-mile Breezily Brisk on the park perimeter path. I'd probably be done with that shortly after 5:30 p.m.

philibusters

If Phil is still here Thursday afternoon I vote we do some sort of dinner. I'm unsure of his timeline, though. I thought he'd be here until this Friday.

I think I am actually leaving tomorrow.  I need to be at the aprtment from 8 am to noon for the Verizon people to set up TV and Internet.  I was thinking about waking up early Friday and driving down, but now it very much looks like I'll be leaving Thursday during the day.

Durrr

So soon?? Well, I hope you all do something nice after your 5k tempos tonight. Sometimes I really rue living in basically a different area than Lexington Park.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So how is the V.B. board walk?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

philibusters

So how is the V.B. board walk?

Its hard concrete so my legs are sore.  It was very nice to look at the ocean and a very pleasant atmosphere all together along with a great ocean breeze.  My only complaint is the concrete is really tough on the legs.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hoping for a report on local running club activities, at some point.

Durrr

I'm enjoying Phil's new run log maps from far off lands. Seems like it's been such a long time since that 16-miler on the TNT North, which ended up being my final encounter with Phil --- and the very last run logged by Joe! We're talking over 3 weeks now.

Durrr

I brought this subject up yesterday, but this neglected weekly mileage table really makes a point:

Weekly Run stats  Minimize
                        9/9/2012 — 9/15/2012: 0 mi 0:00
                        9/2/2012 — 9/8/2012: 0 mi 0:00
                        8/26/2012 — 9/1/2012: 0 mi 0:00
                        8/19/2012 — 8/25/2012: 0 mi 0:00
                        8/12/2012 — 8/18/2012: 66 mi 9:11:35 8:22 / mi
                        8/5/2012 — 8/11/2012: 52.8 mi 7:29:09 8:31 / m
                        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Durrr

Looks like an old rival of me and Joe's is back on the scene:

Sara Fry
                            Hi- I'm new in town, just moved here to be with my husband and am looking for people to run with (I raced for University of Virginia in college but just run for fun now). Where is Leonardtown pub? Would anyone mind if I dropped in?
                            Like ·  ·Unfollow PostFollow Post · 10 hours ago

Liza Recto

Welcome, Sara! Everyone's welcome at the pub runs. Just show up at 4:30. That's too early for me, but if there's another pub run at Ruddy Duck, I might be able to make it.
                            8 hours ago · Like

Liza Recto

The pub is on Washington Street between the Burchmart station and the Square. If you come north on Rte 5, turn left at the light where the Burchmart is, and it's on your right, not sure exactly where. Maybe someone else will chime in with specifics. Anyone? Anyone?
                            8 hours ago · Like

Douglas Strickland

Olde Town Pub
                            http://oldetownpub.com/
                            22785 Washington St, Leonardtown, St Mary's, Maryland 20650
                            7 hours ago via mobile · Like

Sara Fry

Thank you! I'll see you there!
                            36 minutes ago via mobile · Like

David Raley

Didn't you win the 2010 Leonardtown Hospice 5k? (I clicked on your FB name just now and saw that your maiden name is Casscells.) I seem to recall you beating me by a second in the net results (18:33 vs. 18:34), though I made it to the finish line one second ahead. Well that 5k course passed right by the Olde Town Pub.
                            4 minutes ago · Like

Sara Fry

wow that is too funny! Yup that was me. I started way in the back so I guess the chip on my shoe didn't start my time until I crossed the start line
                            about a minute ago · Like

She's the girl who picked off Joe toward the end of that race and then chased me down at the utter end --- not quite catching me, but finishing close enough to net nip me by second (my net time was the same as my gun time, yet it'd taken her 2 seconds to cross the start line). But yikes, now we have four former college running star girls on the local scene:  Katie Ogden (winner of the recent Chaptico Classic 10k who, like Sara, also knows a thing or two about jippin' Joe), Alison Parris, Allison Palmer, and now Sara Fry-Casscells. Good luck, Crystal!

Haha!  It had to happen sooner or later. :-)  They can fight it out over their own age group. :-) 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Just saw this: http://tom-cunningham.blogspot.com/2011/10/st-patricks-high-school-iten.html

If you click on the school track records plaque, it shows a larger photo where the times are legible. The mid-distance times especially are... not bad Smile