The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

philibusters

Right now I'm 5/5, but the next two days are going to be really cold.

You should still log when you get the opportunity as that will motivate you to run more and you can remember which shoes you used.

Part of me wants to accurately track mileage on my current shoes.

Part of me wants to write off all my current shoes due to uncertain mileages and use this as an excuse to buy all new ones!

Except shoes now are super expensive even for last year's models.

philibusters

Come on Joe.  You can log better than this.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What I just saw. Congrats to Phil & Crystal (until I get tonight's run in) for being ahead of me.

AmoresPerros 36,1 mi 5:44:28
          Durrr 10 mi 1:09:36
          Hosmer    
          philibusters 49,6 mi 6:49:15
          rickschaffer83 0 mi 0:00
          Soprano 36,2 mi 5:47:34

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I rarely use a home computer any more, so I never think about logging. My watch is tracking it, though!

Come on, Phil. You can log better than this.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Come on, Phil. You can log better than this.

I was thinking of posting the same thing, except, I can't tell if the problem is logging or running?

philibusters

Sadly my log is now up to date and as you can see not many miles were added.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I realize that it is a rookie mistake to generalize from one's experience, but recent evidence is hinting to me that 0mpw is not a good marathon training plan.

I'm on the marginally-better-than-0MPW training plan and I don't know that I'll have a great result. Mentally I'm treating this like an ultra. I plan to stroll through the aid stations leisurely. My goal is to finish.

My training has been going well enough the last couple of weeks, but I didn't get to run this weekend. I hope to run enough this week just to improve my form/efficiency a little bit. I mostly need my legs to be 100% healthy for the start of the race.

DR, do you have track workouts planned leading up to Hospice?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I am focused on distance (as today attests). I will probably try to run with Phil at VA-24, and then run with Tom and/or Nica at the Philly 24.

philibusters

I am focused on distance (as today attests). I will probably try to run with Phil at VA-24, and then run with Tom and/or Nica at the Philly 24.

Sounds good.  I am trying to get in shape for the VA-24.  I am going to try to do a 22 miler next weekend

philibusters

I am very impressed Joe is all caught up on his logging!

The trouble is I can't frequently get to a computer that can do it. I've been taking notes on my work computer about my runs, though, so that after uploading them again I can go back and fill in the specifics like shoe, route, notes, etc. Until I get Internet at home (don't know if I ever will) there will be large gaps like this between when I log.