The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

Durrr

Just like old times, me and Joe will be running on the SMCM track this evening. I don't know what Joe's agenda will be, but I'm aiming for 4 X 1600.

This will be the 4th day in a row I have run. It's possible I haven't done that since vacationing in Myrtle Beach this summer.

I'll probably just do a few easy 200s if my body can handle it.

philibusters

Similar to last year I think I am going to try to do a really long run the day after Christmas.  The run starts at St. Mary's City and goes to Point Lookout and back.  Hopefully I will get some running company for at least parts of it.  Last year Joe ran 19 of it with me.

I don't think I can do 19 of it with you, but if all goes well I can at least join you for some part of it.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Phil: I want in; send me logistics.

I set a record last week with five days off in a row. I figured that if Alison could take 5 days off on coach's instruction, I could do so as well (just because I was busy). I did run this weekend and today, and intend to keep running.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Shall I invite some other candidates such as Jay Clarke and Jeff Thomas?

Crystal just pointed out that the student ctr probably won't be open that morning for buffet after run.. oh well.

Crystal might try to join for part of the run - we'd want to preposition a car, probably.

philibusters

Shall I invite some other candidates such as Jay Clarke and Jeff Thomas?

Crystal just pointed out that the student ctr probably won't be open that morning for buffet after run.. oh well.

Crystal might try to join for part of the run - we'd want to preposition a car, probably.

Last year Joe parked at the confederate memorial which worked well as we could use that car for refreshments at miles 10 and 16.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

We missed it last year as we were in St Louis.

We had an extra car at the Confederate Lot the first time you did it -- I remember that. You & I & Joe & Scott Kopicko & Blaine Mably did it, I think.

Crystal thinks she'd like 15, so we'll want to put a car there for her probably.

What time are you thinking?

philibusters

We missed it last year as we were in St Louis.

We had an extra car at the Confederate Lot the first time you did it -- I remember that. You & I & Joe & Scott Kopicko & Blaine Mably did it, I think.

Crystal thinks she'd like 15, so we'll want to put a car there for her probably.

What time are you thinking?

Not too early, maybe 9 or 10?  What time works well for you?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

We like 0900, b/c we may be running for a while Smile

I finished last place among loggers in mileage yesteryear. The order went Perry, Phil, DR, Crystal, and then me. I ran more than I logged, but even with my other running I wouldn't have come close to exceeding 1000 miles. Maybe if I upload from my watch one day I'll have a few extra runs that pop up to make last year look not quite as catastrophic.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

For a start, Joe, you could log this morning's run.

philibusters

Get logging Joe.  Its a new year.

I'm 4/4 on the new year so far, but only 1/4 when it comes to logging. That's because I didn't use a watch for that run, so I logged it immediately.

Right now I'm 5/5, but the next two days are going to be really cold.