The beautiful persons club

One month (Read 341 times)

The Greatest of All Time

Hmm, Marcus, I think you look pretty good, to say the least! Don't get too skinny on us. You must be like DH - he just THINKS about losing weight for 24 hours, and he drops 5 pounds. And he's 54! Fast sons, weight-losing husbands - see what I have to deal with around here?
    For me I just change what I eat and when I eat it. It's not so much about cutting back on food or doing more cardio. I also remove some supplements and then the weight comes off. But, I took some pictures yesterday shirtless from the waist up and compared them to a couple of pics from April when I was about 173ish. There's really not that much difference. Arms and chest are a little bit bigger. Not entirely sure at this point how hard I am going to try and lost all of this. Eh. We'll see.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Bugs

Marcus, I am envious of the runners that get to watch you run shirtless in the heat of the summer. You could gain 10 pounds and still have this reaction with the girls -> Shocked Speaking of supplements, have you ever taken enzyme supplements, if so what are your thoughts? I went to this chiropractor who is BIG into alternative medicine and he very pro them but I don't know the guy so could be just a sales talk. Opinions?

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus, I am envious of the runners that get to watch you run shirtless in the heat of the summer. You could gain 10 pounds and still have this reaction with the girls -> Shocked Speaking of supplements, have you ever taken enzyme supplements, if so what are your thoughts? I went to this chiropractor who is BIG into alternative medicine and he very pro them but I don't know the guy so could be just a sales talk. Opinions?
        Ha! You're funny Bugs. But always flattering. Love ya babe! Anyway, I do not take enzyme supplements but my wife has. My wife worked for NOW Foods and they are one of the leading vitamin/suppplement makers in the US. They also have retail stores (Fruitful Yield) all over the Chicago area. She buys more into some of the bizarre stuff than I do. There just isn't much scientific proof to support a lot of the stuff the supplement manufacturers make. There are a lot claims that they do this and that, but just not much support. I tend to stick to vitamins, glucosamine & chondroitin, fish oil, and anabolic supplements.

! Equal increase in distance (almost) each week. Engineers are anal about numbers, right, Jeff?
          Heh, I figure out about how far and/or how long I plan on running. Then I go out and run until I'm done. When I stop, I look to see how far it was. An extra or a missing tenth or 5 isn't going to make a very big difference in the long run, so while I'm anal about recording the distance, I don't care about hitting specific numbers. That isn't to say that if I'm over a half mile short or feel good and want to add another mile that I won't keep going, but I don't waste my time for less than 3 or 4 minutes of running, usually.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Bugs

I tend to stick to vitamins, glucosamine & chondroitin, fish oil, and anabolic supplements.
            Well if you're not sold on them, I don't I'll be sold on them. I hate taking pills think it makes a micro amount of difference if any. This chiropractor is not a runner and tried to talk me into low heart rate training. I won't do that. I think I did great making my own schedule this summer, this ankle is just a fluke thing, but he so badly wants to blame running, my lack of taking fish oil pills, etc... Hey I was the one at the scene of the crime.

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

Well if you're not sold on them, I don't I'll be sold on them.
              I take the fish oil for cardiovascular health. That has been proven. I take the Glucosamine/Chondroitan for joint health because that too has been proven. Not sure how fish oil would prevent an ankle injury though? Roll eyes MTA: I typically eat Sushi a couple of times a week so I might even need to supplement, but oh well.

Bugs

I take the fish oil for cardiovascular health. That has been proven. I take the Glucosamine/Chondroitan for joint health because that too has been proven. Not sure how fish oil would prevent an ankle injury though? Roll eyes MTA: I typically eat Sushi a couple of times a week so I might even need to supplement, but oh well.
                I took fish oil before fish oil was cool so I'm for it... I've never tried Sushi. I'd probably have to put ketchup on it. Roll eyes

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

I've never tried Sushi. I'd probably have to put ketchup on it. Roll eyes
                  Surprised Tell me you're kidding!

Bugs

Surprised Tell me you're kidding!
                    Barbeque sauce?

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

Barbeque sauce?
                      You're killing. I mean for real.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I've never tried sushi, either. I think RAW, but someone just told me that's not what it means! Who knew? It's big at our local grocery store, so maybe I should try it. Marcus, any advice on what kind to choose?? I'm such a narrow-minded American! Blush

The Greatest of All Time

I've never tried sushi, either. I think RAW, but someone just told me that's not what it means! Who knew? It's big at our local grocery store, so maybe I should try it. Marcus, any advice on what kind to choose?? I'm such a narrow-minded American! Blush
                          First of all make sure it's fresh. If it's fresh it won't smell or taste real fishy. Basically there are two types. Maki and Nigiri. Make sushi are small amounts of rice with an even smaller piece of fish rolled up in seaweed. These typically have tuna or salmon in them.

Nigiri sushi is like a clump of sticky rice with a piece of sashimi (thinly sliced fish) laying on top. There are all types of different Nigiri. The fish in this pic is salmon.

To eat sushi you fill up a shallow bowl with soy sauce, add wasabi (if you want), dip it and eat it. It's proper etiquette to eat the entire piece in one bite. Wasabi has the consistency of guacamole. It will open your sinuses up but not burn your mouth. It's very unique stuff. The fancy rolls you see like California, Phoenix, or Dragon rolls are American creations that you won't find in Japan.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Tomorrow night for dinner, I will be eating at my all-time favorite sushi restaurant in Roseville, California. I will be very happy and very full.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Quick note: Sushi refers to the rice itself, which is cooked with vinegar. Sashimi is the raw fish that often goes in or on top of the sushi. (Teresa, I think that's probably what your friend meant.) If you're squeamish, you could try inari sushi, which is the sushi rice in a deep fried tofu wrapper. Good stuff. And now I'm hungry. Big grin

Amy

Actually, even the sushi you are thinking of isn't raw (I wasn't aware of all the subtleties since mentioned.) The fish is usally marinated in lemon juice, which is an acid and given enough time could cook an inch thick steak (I really wouldn't want to eat that steak, though...) So even though heat is never applied, the fish is cooked. I can't eat the tuna, though. Tuna and I don't agree. I'll eat just about any other kind of sea food, though.

Run to Win
                                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)