The beautiful persons club

Grandma's??? Bugs???? (Read 312 times)

The Greatest of All Time

I didn't win the auction. I had a total brain fart and was out running errands when the auction ended. I was only outbid by $12.50. Damn. Looks like central Iowa then.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      I didn't win the auction. I had a total brain fart and was out running errands when the auction ended. I was only outbid by $12.50. Damn. Looks like central Iowa then.
      Marcus, that has got to be so frustrating. Sorry that the auction didn't work out. Sad I'm still really crossing my fingers that the knees heal up quickly. Sending happy/hippie CA vibes your way...

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus, that has got to be so frustrating. Sorry that the auction didn't work out. Sad I'm still really crossing my fingers that the knees heal up quickly. Sending happy/hippie CA vibes your way...
        All is not lost. But thanks for the sentiment. There is a marathon on June 14 in the middle of no where in Iowa. Sounds like my kind of race. http://www.marathon2marathon.com This course is about as rural as you can get. Almost no spectators, just fields and fields of corn and beans. Look at the course map...there is a 9 mile stretch on one road with no turns. I am not sure if that's a good or bad thing. It's a 6:00am start so hopfully I can be done before the weather is a problem if it will be.

Yeah, I was going to ask you where in Iowa, and then I realized I would still have no frame of reference. Smile Oooh, look at that - it's in a town called Marathon!!! Cool.

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

Yeah, I was going to ask you where in Iowa, and then I realized I would still have no frame of reference. Smile Oooh, look at that - it's in a town called Marathon!!! Cool.
            Right. It starts in Storm Island or Storm Lake...whatever and ends in Marathon, IA. Thus the name. I am no stranger to running in the country. Central Illinois looks just like central Iowa. But damn, 26.2 miles of that will get extremely boring...but then I have done 22 mile long runs on a treadmill so this might be right up my alley. Big grin

Bugs

Right. It starts in Storm Island or Storm Lake...whatever and ends in Marathon, IA. Thus the name. I am no stranger to running in the country. Central Illinois looks just like central Iowa. But damn, 26.2 miles of that will get extremely boring...but then I have done 22 mile long runs on a treadmill so this might be right up my alley. Big grin
              I think heat will be the worst problem. Duluth is North and in general have cooler temps there. I was going to run Des Moines this fall and then Fargo in the spring, but two low key marathons sounds boring. Twin Cities is not full yet, but I'm not letting myself signup. Too many problems right now, although my 17 mile run was great today.

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

I think heat will be the worst problem. Duluth is North and in general have cooler temps there.
                Yes, heat could be a problem. It's a 6:00 am start so I am hoping it won't be too much of a problem. Past starting temps have been in the mid 50's but as high as mid 80's by 10. I better be done well before 10 or something went horribly wrong. Glad your LR went well today. Those always feel nice when they go well!!!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good job on the 17-mile run, Bugs! Wow, I hope I get there. I think the mental part will be the hardest thing. Even on my 10-mile run, I was thinking, "I have to run from here all the way back home???" It was hard for my brain to process the concept.

Bugs

Glad your LR went well today. Those always feel nice when they go well!!!
                    YES it does! Could have kept running but need good pace runs this week. I tried accelerade for the first time. I think it does work better than my gatoraide or poweraide. I had three bottles of water two hours before running. During the run I drank 12 oz of accelerade and 10 oz of water. Seems I should drink more but my stomach felt full, didn't want to feel sick, other than that no problems with the accelerade. I was going to try your mix, but this just seemed easier, one bottle, one scoop. Yes, I'm that lazy. Smile

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

I was going to try your mix, but this just seemed easier, one bottle, one scoop. Yes, I'm that lazy. Smile
                      Well, do your legs feel any better today compared to after a long run without taking in protein? Did you find endurace was a little better yesterday because the onset of leg pain was slowed or inhibited entirely? If you can answer yes to either or both of those questions, then my work here is done. Another protein appreciator is born! But, good for you because Accelerade is nutritionally almost identical to my mix and has the same carb to protein ratio.

Bugs

Well, do your legs feel any better today compared to after a long run without taking in protein?
                        Yes, my legs feel great better than normal. Flu messed with my schedule, but 8 seems doable and I normally dread a mid-length run after a LR.
                        Did you find endurace was a little better yesterday because the onset of leg pain was slowed or inhibited entirely?
                        Maybe. Because of the flu, and the heart tests it was an off week, need to get back to healthy diet and try it again. I think I need to work on getting my gut aclimated to chugging the stuff. What length of runs do you take your mix with you?

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

What length of runs do you take your mix with you?
                          Anything over 90 minutes.