The beautiful persons club

Marcus - Update? (Read 818 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Marcus, did you see this new user group? Austin Lunch Heat Meets Tuesday's and Thursdays between 11:30 and 11:45 at the MoPac bridge on Ladybird Lake in Austin Tx. Group runs between 3.5 miles (speedwork) and 5 miles. I want to go! Cry

Prophet!

That's cool. We have the world's largest spam museum. Now that I post that the masses will flock to MN.
      Its on my to do list.

Prophet!

Austin Lunch Heat (
        for a second i thought it says Austin Lunch Meat. Then i thought that Austin Lunch Meat would be a much cooler group title...or a name of a band.

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus, did you see this new user group? Austin Lunch Heat Meets Tuesday's and Thursdays between 11:30 and 11:45 at the MoPac bridge on Ladybird Lake in Austin Tx. Group runs between 3.5 miles (speedwork) and 5 miles. I want to go! Cry
          I used to run at Town Lake during lunch hours and during the summer. Well actually I ran from the rec center on campus down to Town Lake, did the 4 mile loop and ran back to campus. Hot as all hell those runs were. I wore nothing but skimpy black running shorts, socks, shoes, and a watch.
          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yeah, I guess I'm being overly sentimental, since I got to run there in April, during a cool snap! It sure was beautiful. You were lucky you could get away with wearing that little!

A Saucy Wench

Hot as all hell those runs were. I wore nothing but skimpy black running shorts, socks, shoes, and a watch.
              I'm sorry I missed that.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The Greatest of All Time

I'm sorry I missed that.
                There are skimpier pictures of me in one of these threads. Although I am not running. So, there you have it.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Marcus, I will have to take lessons from you on resting - I have achilles tendonitis and am not supposed to run until I'm pain-free (week plus or minus, supposedly). BLECH!! I was doing so great. I'm trying to think positively and enjoy the rest. Sigh.

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus, I will have to take lessons from you on resting -
                    Teresa, I am the last person you want advice from on this. It's probably from lack of adequate rest that I ended up like this. A forced rest is not the same as a voluntary rest. I am stuck with the former.

Marcus, I will have to take lessons from you on resting - I have achilles tendonitis and am not supposed to run until I'm pain-free (week plus or minus, supposedly). BLECH!! I was doing so great. I'm trying to think positively and enjoy the rest. Sigh.
                      When you come back, I recommend working in some trail miles. It's the best way to keep tendonitis away. Recommended reading: http://news.runtowin.com/2007/08/22/trail-running-101-at-peak-performance.html http://news.runtowin.com/2007/10/01/trail-running-deserves-more-attention-from-road-runners.html

Run to Win
                      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for the links, Blaine. I've been meaning to get over to Twin Brook, so I will do that for sure, hopefully week after next. I LOVE running in the woods, so it will be fun. Be sure to check the newspaper Sunday for the state meet results - Logan is seeded 2nd in the Class B, 3200 meter race. I did warn him that the heat might be tough, so not to be disappointed if he doesn't PR. He ran it in 9:57 last week. His dad had told him that we'd go out to a restaurant of his choice when he went sub-10, so it's the Olive Garden tonight. Marcus, I was referring to forced rest, since I knew you were going through it. It's hard, and it's been less than a day for me! Poor DH will have to put up with me for awhile.

The Greatest of All Time

It's hard, and it's been less than a day for me! Poor DH will have to put up with me for awhile.
                          Dude. Talk to me after 6 weeks. Evil grin

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Shocked Shocked
                            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Use your guitar as therapy. BTW, I like your top 3 guitarists on your myspace. I like and respect EVH, but I especially dig Page and Gilmour, who are two of my favorites.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Bugs

When you come back, I recommend working in some trail miles. It's the best way to keep tendonitis away. Recommended reading: http://news.runtowin.com/2007/08/22/trail-running-101-at-peak-performance.html http://news.runtowin.com/2007/10/01/trail-running-deserves-more-attention-from-road-runners.html
                                Teresa, sorry you have injury. How bad is it? I thought trail running if was rocky and uneven terrain was harder on the body? I've had it with injuries. I started building my own soft-trail through my woods. I cleared about 1/4 mile and I found another trail. It's on my neighbor's property bordering mine. Think I can run on it as long it's not hunting season. Not long enough for LRs but some short runs to lighen the impact on my ever complaining shin should help.

Bugs