Ultra Runners

Pb Stupidity (Read 1042 times)

Kalsarikännit

If I am back in time.... I will be joining you. Can you drink vodka?

Sunday night?  Sure.  But what happens if A1 drinks this?

Jeremiah Weed: jeremiah weed sweet tea

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

The King of Beasts

If I am back in time.... I will be joining you. Can you drink vodka?

Sure, I can jog/hobble/hike 29 hours and 59 minutes and then drink Vodka, but things will get really ugly really quick.

WG - what the Hell is that ??

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Kalsarikännit

Sweet Tea Vodka! Big grin

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

The King of Beasts

Sweet Tea Vodka! Big grin

because thats a good idea.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Purdey

Self anointed title

and running Leadville IS?

The King of Beasts

you have a point. but I try not to think about that.

Purdey

Self anointed title

I will need something to keep me awake, and something to dull the pain. I am thinking vodka red bulls.

DoppleBock

Today the Doc cleared me to run as much as my arm can take - Good thing because I hate cross training enough it was not happening.

He just said I could not fall down - Not sure on that one as I have been less than graceful of late.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Purdey

Self anointed title

Today the Doc cleared me to run as much as my arm can take

I am guessing that the Doc does not fully realise the magnitude of what this might mean.

DoppleBock

I ran 3 times for 15 miles yesterday and I have a fair amount of pain this morning - No matter

Tonight I need to re-visit downhill running

I am guessing that the Doc does not fully realise the magnitude of what this might mean.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Go easy on the downs DB - you don't want to much jarring to upset your arm.

DoppleBock

Nothing crazy - If I am going to survive Leadville - I need to do some downhill running

Its been a rough 2 weeks - 2 days of running in 2 weeks is not good for running or my fat ass

At this point I will do enough to reasonably expect to finish - We leave for family vacation (11days) Wednesday night - So training will be difficult.  But at least we are going to somewhere with some mountains (Yellowstone)  I am hoping to find a few opportunities to climb and decend.

Go easy on the downs DB - you don't want to much jarring to upset your arm.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Sounds good. Enjoy some vacation time with the family. Well deserved.

DoppleBock

The family deserves a wonderful vacation.   From a training standpoint - I deserve to be whipped and forced on some 4-8 hour runs through the mountains ... Well maybe I do not deserve that much pleasure - But the thought makes me smile.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/fc6e3389e1de457496b17c3a04600e9a

This Cat is justing kill'n it. 

Purdey

Self anointed title

Yep. This should be his year at Leadville.