Ultra Runners

Pb Stupidity (Read 1042 times)

The King of Beasts

Fancy a beer on Th night?

Yes

(and i realize that question was directed at DB)

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Purdey

Self anointed title

Directed at DB coz he wants to hide from beer and stupidity. But he is in the same hotel as me. There can be no hiding.

But definitely would love for us all to meet up for a beer before the race, and doing it on Fri night would not be the best idea. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be getting into Pbville until late on Th. What time do the bars shut?

DoppleBock

I will not cave to any bad influences - I will not be drinking before the race - I might be able to meet up

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Purdey

Self anointed title

I can't decide if you are weak or strong. Probably strong. You will probably drink me under the table on Sunday night. I am leaving early on Mon am now. Need to catch a lift back to Denver with my father - so no beer mile for me. Sad

DoppleBock

To not drink - Takes a lot of strength

My sister and man are also coming up for the race.  This puts me in a little bit of conflict with all you ... maybe.  They are coming to support me and to hang out with Jill (DW) and I.  She does not drink ... She used to drink a lot ... AA for a few years.  She does not care if you drink in front of her, but going out and watching everyone get drunk will not be that much fun for her.

I am saving Sunday PM for drinking ... if I live.

Purdey

Self anointed title

DB - cheers, we'll bear that in mind.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

To not drink - Takes a lot of strength

Last night I drank a beer DB gave me.  It was easy to drink.  Even though it was fairly bitter.

jjameson

I'm a big talker about drinking after an ultra or any long race for that matter, but when the time comes to pony-up my stomach is a little queezy, nauseated, achy, and I don't feel much like drinking after a beer or two ie. I have trouble walking the walk.

Now, from personal experience I can attest that DB has NO such problems!  He looks like he just took a little jaunt around the block!  He looks fresh as a daisy!  He can, if so inclined, drink you under the table.

Good luck to all you PBers.  I wish I was going but I'm the RD of a little race in upper Michigan that weekend.

I have a friend who will be there from where I live, his name is Danny D. and he's pretty fast.  If you run into him tell him I said hi and to STICK WITH THE PLAN!

DoppleBock

The race has had to really mess me up not to be able to get really messed up drinking.  If the race has really messed me up then I need a good nap before getting messed up.

DoppleBock

My goal is to lay low Thursday - Maybe do a bit of sightseeing ... A1 any interesting drives to scenic places that might include short hikes?

Friday night I want to take my crew (3) and pacer out to dinner. 

Sunday night my Wife and I want to drink a fair amount ... maybe starting a little later than I would to spend some time with my Sister and Ed.  This is probably good because we drink a bit faster than the average bear.

Our flight leaves Monday @ 3:15 ... so if it were a morning beer mile ... I might be able to hobble and drink

The King of Beasts

My goal is to lay low Thursday - Maybe do a bit of sightseeing ... A1 any interesting drives to scenic places that might include short hikes?

Friday night I want to take my crew (3) and pacer out to dinner. 

Sunday night my Wife and I want to drink a fair amount ... maybe starting a little later than I would to spend some time with my Sister and Ed.  This is probably good because we drink a bit faster than the average bear.

Our flight leaves Monday @ 3:15 ... so if it were a morning beer mile ... I might be able to hobble and drink

Sure thing, I am up for a hike on thursday. you want to see part of the course ? or somewhere else ?

Last year I think I drank sunday night, I dont remember what day it was, or how late I stayed out.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

DoppleBock

I am more thinking somewhere I can drive with Jill (DW), Julie (DS) and Ed and get a great view without too much work.  It does not have to be anywhere near the course.  I am thinking a nice hike of less than 3 miles (In and out).  If you, WG and anyone else wants to be our guide the more the merrier. 

Maybe even pack a little lunch or snack.

I do want to get your advice on clothing.  I am figuring on packing to cover temps down to 15-20F ... thoughts?

I do not have a lot of room in my carry on, so I have to pack wisely.

The King of Beasts

Independence Pass might be a good option, I have been there a few times, between twin lakes and aspen. maybe 30 min drive. there is also a ghost town just on the aspen side of the pass. http://www.independence-pass.com/  very pretty, above treeline, probably still some small snow fields around.

I will be ready for 30 and rain/snow/hail. 15 - 20 is not likley. but at night, making you way up powerline its not hard to get COLD.

jjameson

Independence pass is a good place but when I was there I liked Cottonwood Pass better:  better views and nicer hiking, but a longer drive to get there.  There is a trail that skirts along the top of the Continental Divide that is easy to access from the top of Cottonwood (I only went South but the trail goes North also.)

http://assets.kickrunners.com/b/be/be1e3d2a_6e98b8a36149fc99b4b1555768df7d34.jpg 

This is a link to a picture I took just south of Cottonwood pass on the trail.  Elevation around 12300 feet.   The trail skirts the saddle up to the right in the picture.

Here is alink to some other pictures I took while in Leadville in 2008:

http://www.kickrunners.com/gallery/album/view/id/8206/user_id/3063

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Will be out there Friday.  Plan to watch / hike around the bike race on Saturday.  Hiking Sunday - Wed.  Easy TR/FR before race.

If any groups get together for hiking please count me in Sun-Wed.

• Black Canyon 100k
                                • RRR
                                • Zane Grey 100k
                                • High Lonesome 100
                                • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                                • The Bear 100
                                • Javelina Jundred (?)