Ultra Runners

There is Something Wrong With Me (Read 463 times)

is now a mess of pit and "espresso love" gu stains.

heh

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

I guess this is timely, saw it on a Friends FB - Victory Bag

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

One nice thing I noticed about the workouts I have been putting in is that my form has improved.  I pick up my knees and kick up my heels.

What workouts have you been doing that lead to this?  It's something I suspect I need to improve.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Kalsarikännit

What workouts have you been doing that lead to this?  It's something I suspect I need to improve.

Just throwing down some 800 repeats at (desired) 5k pace on the treadmill.  I did 8 last time, but my recoveries are too long.  I need to get those down to 90 seconds.  Once I do that I think I will take some of the suckage out of my 5k.

I have done those every other week, and am playing around with some other stuff in the other weeks.  This week is a tempo interval with 3x2 mi at 15k pace.  

Either way I think the fast stuff is a much more fun way to spend time on the treadmill and helps me out, since I couldn't do this on a track because my pace would be everywhere, and like I mentioned, the feet actually get picked up when running fast.  I'm also trying to do a little butt-kicks and high knees at the end of my runs.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart