Ultra Runners

Leadville (Read 1219 times)

I couldn't agree more with Mike, She is both a step above in her giving to the Midwest ultra community but normally more than few steps ahead of them when she decides to turn it up. She won Lean horse 50 Mile last year  (overall winner). she took 1st place at sawtooth 100 mile in her first attempt by a big number. Typically has set the female course records at every Midwest 50K or 50Mile she has ran. And yes, she has a shirt that states " you just got chicked" on the back.

DoppleBock

Interestingly enough - The thought of her kicking my ass at Leadville will probably lead to the best possible training in July-Aug.  No offense to Purdy and A1 ...

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Kalsarikännit

Leadville registration is closed!

There had been grumbligs about Pb getting too big, but I hadn't heard of any official caps.  Of course I wasn't paying close attention since I am just an old mule.

I guess this makes it official.

Who is in?  Did this catch anyone off guard?

Another thing that I thing is interesting...there are no registration lists.  People (elites, sponsor's runners) can be added after registration is "closed" without race management dealing with hoards of upset runners that can't get in. 

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Another thing that I thing is interesting...there are no registration lists.  People (elites, sponsor's runners) can be added after registration is "closed" without race management dealing with hoards of upset runners that can't get in. 

Yeah... they do that every year.  I know a lot of people who get in after they "close" registration (not for the cap but when they hit the close date).  Ken never was one to turn down an extra $300. 

Now they just need to disallow crewing at Winfield and allow pacing from Twin Lakes outbound and it may be a tolerable race again. Smile

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Closed?  What? 

I guess I won't be running.

Purdey

Self anointed title

In. Flight booked. Hotel deposit paid. Hire car booked.

Hell - this morning I even managed a run.

Hey DB - I wouldn't imagine for one second that the thought of me beating you had even crossed your mind! Even if I had been able to train for the past 6 months - I wouldn't be in the same league. If I were you.... I would be a bit worried about A1. And both of you will probably get chicked. Wink

The King of Beasts

No way I take Dopple Bock @ Leadville.

also i will be chicked at Leadville- I am okay with that, meh. (Have you seen Lynette run up hope pass?? its something to see.)

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Kalsarikännit

Now they just need to disallow crewing at Winfield and allow pacing from Twin Lakes outbound and it may be a tolerable race again. Smile

It was crazy.  There was just too many cars on that road.

When the winner, Duncan thanked the FIFTEEN people he had out there pacing and crewing Shocked I was a little floored.  I felt the same way at WSER when we recieved info on how to best do a two car crewing operation.  Too much.  It is probably something best off in another thread, but I would love to see more races start a division like the Stonewall Jackson at Masanutten (no pacer/no crew).  Right now there is no incentive to keep things low key.  I can understand how RD's encourage a pacers to keep a runner safe at some of the more desolate mountain 100's, but I think Pb doesn't fall into that catagory. 

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

DoppleBock

You guys are overthinking why I am going to Leadville ... Some experiences are best savored.

Currently it is not a goal race - One I want to enjoy and survive unscathed to be ready for a later goal race.

I am "in"

No way I take Dopple Bock @ Leadville.

also i will be chicked at Leadville- I am okay with that, meh. (Have you seen Lynette run up hope pass?? its something to see.)

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

xor

Closed?  What? 

I guess I won't be running.

Beaten to the joke.

I mean, if you were joking.  I would be.

Still pondering the Leadville Marathon on 7/2, for us short course wienies.   (I also pondered the 50 on 7/17 and then got peer-pressured into Lake Tahoe instead)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Imminent Catastrophe

(I also pondered the 50 on 7/17 and then got peer-pressured into Lake Tahoe instead)

Double!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Double!

No way jose.  I'm just hoping to survive Tahoe intact.  BTW, I made that call (Tahoe over Leadville 50) partly because I decided to get my lead fix at the marathon.  Now I'm not sure I will make it to the marathon.  NEWMAN!

Imminent Catastrophe

The climb up the ski run at Diamond Peak should be fun. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

In.

• Black Canyon 100k
                              • RRR
                              • Zane Grey 100k
                              • High Lonesome 100
                              • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                              • The Bear 100