Leadville (Read 1219 times)

DoppleBock

Nice - See you there! 

In.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Purdey

Self anointed title

In.

Good stuff. I will look forward to meeting you.

Purdey

Self anointed title

By the way - has anyone had any communication from the organisers? I "signed up" for the newsletter but haven't received anything. The absence of a list of entrants has me mildly worried that I think I'm in... but I'm not certain.

DoppleBock

When I try and log in it will not except my e-mail address

I do have my receipt

It would be nice to see and entrants list

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

By the way - has anyone had any communication from the organisers? I "signed up" for the newsletter but haven't received anything. The absence of a list of entrants has me mildly worried that I think I'm in... but I'm not certain.

I asked them about an entrants list (on Facebook fan page) and they indicated once it was full and final they would post it.

Last year there was no list until shortly before the race when they assigned #s.

Also, the yahoo mail list seems to be a place they pop in and send people messages even though that group is an informal group that shares ideas and panics about being ready.

• Black Canyon 100k
            • RRR
            • Zane Grey 100k
            • High Lonesome 100
            • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
            • The Bear 100
            • Javelina Jundred (?)
            DoppleBock

I asked them about an entrants list (on Facebook fan page) and they indicated once it was full and final they would post it.

Last year there was no list until shortly before the race when they assigned #s.

Also, the yahoo mail list seems to be a place they pop in and send people messages even though that group is an informal group that shares ideas and panics about being ready.

I guess ignorance was bliss - Now I am slightly irritated that I can not enter the e-mail address that I registered from to login.  Irritated enough that I sent them an e-mail.

I am not sure yet how ready I will try and be.  It depends - one scernario could make this a goal race - not the other 2 makes it a just try and survive without too much damage.

The training I will do will be dictated by if it is a goal race of not.  Being a flat landing pavement pusher - It will be a pretty big change in running venues if it becomes a goal race.  30-60 minute drives each way will be dictated 2-3 times a week to find reasonable training grounds.

The King of Beasts

I guess ignorance was bliss - Now I am slightly irritated that I can not enter the e-mail address that I registered from to login.  Irritated enough that I sent them an e-mail.

I am not sure yet how ready I will try and be.  It depends - one scernario could make this a goal race - not the other 2 makes it a just try and survive without too much damage.

The best laid plans of mice and men.

(mta: to be clear that is not an insult, just saying there are a lot of things that can happen on Hope pass)

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

DoppleBock

That is where I will throw a rope around your fast moving ass to pull me up and over ... you will not be able to see it - But you will feel my weight as you are climbing ... weighing you down ... Like lead. 

The best laid plans of mice and men.

(mta: to be clear that is not an insult, just saying there are a lot of things that can happen on Hope pass)

DoppleBock

Although I am trying to be playful - I have felt the burning pain of skiing @ 10-12,000 feet.

I believe this will be a humbling experience

Followed by a few beers with friends that will make me forget

Hope Pass is the best part!! 

The King of Beasts

Hope Pass is the best part!! 

I agree. Very pretty.

not sure I will agree during the race though

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You will the second time you see it.

Kalsarikännit

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Kalsarikännit

Ha.  We almost took the same picture.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

The King of Beasts

Its a long way to the top if you wanna rock n' roll.