Ultra Runners

Leadville (Read 1219 times)

xor

Now I wanna play the bagpipe.

(that's what she said)

I don't know about the new owners, but I know that they've never been exactly chatty with me wrt other events like the marathon.  One year I tried multiple times to sign up online, and it would never work. So they finally mailed me the paper form and I had to do it that way.  And, besides peer pressure, this was another reason why I finally signed up for the Tahoe 50 instead of the Leadville 50... their site drove me nuts.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

This website was new last year.  It didn't work well for a while last year.

I am able to sign in with me email address but it has been present since last year.

Regarding Hope Pass - I left a lot of my insides on both sides of that hill.

• Black Canyon 100k
      • RRR
      • Zane Grey 100k
      • High Lonesome 100
      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
      • The Bear 100
      • Javelina Jundred (?)

Ha.  We almost took the same picture.

That's pretty cool!  ... but you were a lot faster than the runner I was pacing! 

Kalsarikännit

That's pretty cool!  ... but you were a lot faster than the runner I was pacing! 

Yes, I am amazingly fast!!!  Wait...that doesn't sound right at all.

I was pacing A1.  Big grin

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ha.  We almost took the same picture.

Looks like cgerber was the one who got there earlier in the day.

Just sayin.

Looks like cgerber was the one who got there earlier in the day.

Just sayin.

Naw, this is looking south from Hope (heading inbound), near sunset, so the long shadows are from the setting sun.  My runner was timed out at Twin Lakes inbound (mile 60)... so there weren't too many behind her. I think she stopped to puke about 462 times on that climb. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ah, got it.  I thought those were morning pics.

Purdey

Self anointed title

By the way - has anyone had any communication from the organisers? I "signed up" for the newsletter but haven't received anything. The absence of a list of entrants has me mildly worried that I think I'm in... but I'm not certain.

Bueller? Bueller?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

An Ultra RD not responding to emails 6 months out?

Weird.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Ha! No - I haven't emailed him : I know he is too busy. But I did sign up for the "newsletter" about 5 months ago. Haven't heard anything - and was wondering if anyone else had and if it was my firewall, or the Atlantic, or something, stopping it getting to me.

DoppleBock

I sent my e-mail about not being to log in as a participant and had a response and solution the next day. - Not the most friendly site - But I was able to verify that I am an entrant.

If you need assistance, please contact Shannon Gipson, Registration/Volunteer Manager, at sgipson@lifetimefitness.com

Bueller? Bueller?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Purdey

Self anointed title

Ok. Here's what is probably an obvious question (to those who have raced Leadville before anyway): what shoe do you recommend? Minimalist trail shoe? Built up trail shoe? Road shoe? Why am I worrying about this now? I want to train in the shoe that I will race in.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I ran in trail shoes last year.

Frankly, I will run in both road shoes (Brooks Launch for me) and trail shoes (probably old NB 100s).

There is a ton of flat area and the trails aren't too technical.  There is water in areas (Twin Lakes) an I chose to switch shoes there inbound @ mile 60 (warm shoes felt darn good).

I will wear the trail shoes primarily on Hope and maybe on Sugarloaf.

I will have 2-3 pairs of shoes likely.

• Black Canyon 100k
                            • RRR
                            • Zane Grey 100k
                            • High Lonesome 100
                            • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                            • The Bear 100
                            • Javelina Jundred (?)
                            DoppleBock

How is everyone's training going for the little jog / power hike in the mountains?

I believe I am free from my achillies issues - 2 weeks off and stretching seemed to do the trick (Crosses fingers) - I have decided to take a different training tactic - Don't give a shit - just have fun training.  Many less miles - More booze - More concentration on being a good husband, father and worker.

Basically I am passing on trying to be competetive for the season - I am on my 2nd 1.75 of Vodka in the last 10 days -  

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I believe I am free from my achillies issues - 2 weeks off and stretching seemed to do the trick (Crosses fingers) .....

Basically I am passing on trying to be competetive for the season - I am on my 2nd 1.75 of Vodka in the last 10 days -  

I think the real solution to your lack of pain was the last sentence.

• Black Canyon 100k
                                • RRR
                                • Zane Grey 100k
                                • High Lonesome 100
                                • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                                • The Bear 100
                                • Javelina Jundred (?)