Ultra Runners

Leadville (Read 1219 times)

DoppleBock

I also stay much more focussed at work a little hung over -

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Purdey

Self anointed title

How is everyone's training going for the little jog / power hike in the mountains?

I believe I am free from my achillies issues - 2 weeks off and stretching seemed to do the trick (Crosses fingers) - I have decided to take a different training tactic - Don't give a shit - just have fun training.  Many less miles - More booze - More concentration on being a good husband, father and worker.

Basically I am passing on trying to be competetive for the season - I am on my 2nd 1.75 of Vodka in the last 10 days -  

My achilles is also starting to behave - after a very long and testing 8 months of pain. I haven't trained properly since last August. I will be adopting the new Mike Henze patented booze and fun training plan.

The King of Beasts

I am working on getting healthy so I can start training again.

I am going to try and add in more (any) Core work.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

DoppleBock

Damn, time passes quickly

I am stronger - But the ass is still fat.  Main goal is to still de-fat (Lose 30-40#) by Leadville.

The King of Beasts

Damn, time passes quickly

I am stronger - But the ass is still fat.  Main goal is to still de-fat (Lose 30-40#) by Leadville.

I think you should try and gain another 30 - 40 lbs, you know so you have more stored fuel.  Eat up big guy, eat up. 

oh - and quit running hills, there are no hills out there.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

^^  hahahaha  Smile

I'm still planning to be on course yelling and handing out beers to you people.  About that time I'll be saying "Viva la Taper!", so looking forward to just hanging out and watching you nutjobs suffer.  Big grin

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

About that time I'll be saying "Viva la Taper!"

For?

• Black Canyon 100k
                • RRR
                • Zane Grey 100k
                • High Lonesome 100
                • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                • The Bear 100
                • Javelina Jundred (?)

Cascade Crest 100, the following weekend.

DoppleBock

Bump - The most important post in this thread 

If you guys come all the way out here from England and Wisconsin, the pints are on me. 

Now that would allow me to drink more beer

I think you should try and gain another 30 - 40 lbs, you know so you have more stored fuel.  Eat up big guy, eat up. 

oh - and quit running hills, there are no hills out there.

But sir, I fear you mistaked about the hills - I will now run even more hills to spite you. 

The King of Beasts

But sir, I fear you mistaked about the hills - I will now run even more hills to spite you. 

I guess you could run more hills but that would just make it harder to put on those 30 - 40 lbs.

I am trying to give you good advice here.... you can trust me.

Purdey

Self anointed title

If you guys come all the way out here from England and Wisconsin, the pints are on me. 

Just wanted to quote that again. Just to make sure.

Just wanted to quote that again. Just to make sure.

I got you all covered.  Smile

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Missouri is a long way, too.

• Black Canyon 100k
                            • RRR
                            • Zane Grey 100k
                            • High Lonesome 100
                            • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                            • The Bear 100
                            • Javelina Jundred (?)
                            DoppleBock

A1 - I know what a sensitive caring man you are, so I know you are just trying to guilt me into getting focussed on my training.  Thank you - I love you man!

It is sad when I think about the barriers to having a good training period between now and Leadville - Here are my thoughts

1) May 14th - Ice Age - Post race beer

2) May 21-22 Golf weekend - beer

3)  May 28-28-30 Memorial camping weekend - beer

4) June 18th - Grandmas marathon - beer

5)  July 21-August 1st - Yellowstone vacation - Family time

80% of my road blocks = beer.  God do I love beer.

I better pack an extra cooler...