Ultra Runners

Lottery season (Read 81 times)

Yep. And sadly I signed up anyway.

Sounds like Superior didn't even need to go to a lottery.

"The drawing for the Marathon was held on March 30th, there were 375 applicants for 300 available spots. The lottery for the 100 Mile race had 230 applicants for 250 spots and the 50 Mile race had 130 applicants for 175 spots - remaining spots for the 100 and 50 will be available via conventional registration until each field limit is met.  "

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Yep. And sadly I signed up anyway.

Godspeed, my friend!    Will you be at Ice Age this year?

Running is dumb.

Godspeed, my friend!    Will you be at Ice Age this year?

Thanks!  No Ice Age for me this year, ironically because I was concerned I wouldn't be able to race it 3 weeks after Boston.  Instead, I blew out my hammy before Boston .  Such is life.

jjameson

Yeah, Superior wasn't a lottery.  I feel sorry for all those who signed up early.  On the other hand it looks like registration is going to end soon so it is probably a moot point.  I signed up for the 50 but getting too old to really be competitive.

I'm doing Ice Age (at least as of right now) on a total of 10 weeks of running.  "Time on my feet" you know, training, whatever.  If I do it it will be really painful.

Good luck at Ice Age Joe!  Despite your predictions, I'm confident you will do well.  I'm hoping I can drag the whole family up for Superior and I can actually stay awake for more than 3 hours after the finish.  I don't know why but I just completely shut down after racing 70+ miles...  Last year I passed out in a rest stop about 20 miles from the finish for about 2 hours, just trying to get to Duluth.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Is that the 50M or the 50K? I'll be running the 50K at Ice Age.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

jjameson

Oh I'm doing the 50M.  I didn't have a choice as the RD owes me a favor and he told me I have to do the 50M!