Ultra Runners

Vol State race report (long) (Read 23 times)

bhearn

What a crazy race. I beat my goal by 8 hours, ran the 4th-fastest time ever, but couldn't catch the lead woman, Francesca Muccini. She crushed her own course record of 4 days 4 hours by over 17 hours. Absolutely incredible!

https://bobhearn.blogspot.com/2020/07/last-annual-vol-state-500k-2020.html

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

What a crazy race. I beat my goal by 8 hours, ran the 4th-fastest time ever, but couldn't catch the lead woman, Francesca Muccini. She crushed her own course record of 4 days 4 hours by over 17 hours. Absolutely incredible!

https://bobhearn.blogspot.com/2020/07/last-annual-vol-state-500k-2020.html

I followed on-line for all 3.5+ days and kept wondering when Francesca would slow down.  It's hard enough to conceive of her performance, but to see you beginning to close the gap was almost inconceivable (picture me in place of Vizzini).

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

nOOky

I actually read your report right after you posted it, but didn't reply. I skimmed through it again this morning. I feel like a turd just writing a few sentences after the effort you put into the race, and the length and detail of everything you wrote!

I find it fascinating for some reason that the race is so long that you can rest for two days after you finish, and runners are still out on the course. I'll never try anything like that in my life, it just seems too painful and brutal. Congratulations on your result that is fantastic!

Istria 110k 4-6-2024

WS100 6-29-2024

UTMB 171k 8-30-2024

MCM 10-27-2024

bhearn

Thanks nOOky. Yeah the weird thing was that after resting for two days, *all* the other runners were still out on the course (except for Francesca!).

Yeah it's painful and brutal. But it's still worth it.

Eldrith 50K... Eldrith Gosney? She ran in my first 24-hour in 2014, and I heard all about her and her secret race, that you needed an invitation to. Never got one. Maybe it's not secret anymore.

nOOky

Eldrith was listed on Ultrasignup so it must be a different race

Istria 110k 4-6-2024

WS100 6-29-2024

UTMB 171k 8-30-2024

MCM 10-27-2024