Ultra Runners

Novice Advice (Read 632 times)

Consistently Slow

50k 6:36:00. Started 4 minutes late putting on knee braces. 40F at the start with 10 mph wind gust. Knees start their thing at mile 6. On lap 2 walked 1/4 mile to car to find knee straps. Not in car.Apparently left at home. Stopped several times to make adjustments. The course was really clean for a trail. Very few roots.The gravel roads were a bit much. Most people just run on the side of road for these areas. No major hills. Mile 18 energy level dropped. Drank 1cup of water and 1 cup of powerade at each aid station(2). Aid stations about 2.6 miles apart. Mile 21( 5th loop) decided to eat a banana. Ate 1/3 of it. Stomach upset. Put it down. Mile 22 the banana came back up. Reflux. Next 9 miles 1 cup of water or powerade at each station with a GU gel. Last loop wanted to pick up the pace and not go over 15:00 pace. By mile 20 I am ruining .25 sections before walking. Made up my mind to not let any one pass me. Mile 26 a guy gets with 20 yards as I walk. The next mile I did in13:41.

Miles 26 to finish line. It was a great event. Received a ginger bread-man for finishing.Smile 2nd 50k in 13 days.

High Sierra Hydration pack $18. Wish I would have had one.

Run until the trail runs out.

2014***1500 miles

50 miler 13:26:18

Race Less Train More

Ana Trason  "Living Her Life"

"The Marble in The Groove"

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Ojo

Awesome race!  It was a tough but gorgeous course.  I was hoping to come in under 8 hours and I finished strong with 7:35.  Definitely the hardest race I have ever run . . . and I am pretty sure I will run it again next year! 

Sara

MM #2929