Ultra Runners

Wisdom from Roes (Read 555 times)

~Sara
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Great read and how cool is that to get personal insight from a guy at the pinnacle of the sport.

Mind boggling to relate with the excellence within that blog (and comments.)

I take it this breed is not one to "walk the ups + run the flats and downs."

DoppleBock

I really like his blog - He posts often and interesting stuff.

He is at the top and one of the most Humble people out there - Nice combo!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Agreed. He seems so laid back compared to other elites.

~Sara
          It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

xor

When I ran Way Too Cool, he was the only dude from the up front crowd who actually acknowledged and smiled at those of us still headed out while they were steaming back.  (to clarify: I don't think people racing "should" do anything one way or the other... it was just an interesting difference).

Of course, later in the day, he missed a turn and ran extra miles that Max and the others did not.  So maybe he should have been paying more attention instead of glancing at us slow folk.

Heh.

Anyway, he's a very nice dude.  I like his writing.

He really is... I see him out and about on the trails occasionally.  You'd never know who he was if you didn't know who he was.  Nice guy, super quiet, laid back.

xor

You'd never know who he was if you didn't know who he was. 

Yogi Berra was here!

DoppleBock

Naw, Chris is better than Yogi - But I get what you are saying 

Yogi Berra was here!

LOL...I had to Google who Yogi Berra was.  He's got some good ones.

xor

Dude, I truly thought you were channeling Yogi on purpose.

That's an awesome one... you could sneak that into a list of Yogi sayings and ask someone to pick the fake; nobody would spot it.

Imminent Catastrophe

It gets late early around here. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Purdey

Self anointed title

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.

I agree he appears to be very humble and enjoy reading his blog.

DoppleBock

I agree he appears to be very humble and enjoy reading his blog.

And he has been updating every day or 2

Which is why your blog is back on my list ...Richard

And he has been updating every day or 2

Which is why your blog is back on my list ...Richard

I have been in a pretty good mood  as of late so, yeah it stays updated.