Ultra Runners

RWOL ultra runners (Read 668 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Wait.  You mean people run trails but don't run ultras? I don't get it. 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

crunch19

Hi!

I was turnip on RWOL.Spam and other actions by moderators were unreal over there so here I am.

I have run 4 half marathons, 2 marathons (1 trail, 1 road), and am now training for my first 50K - the SwamStomp in Memphis TN. I am also doing the Mississippi 50 (50K portion...for a now...) in March.I train in the 40s(mpw) on my rest weeks and over 60 mpw on my peak weeks. I run for sanity mostlyWink, and to keep me healthy for my kids and DH.

Docket_Rocket

Welcome - 50k is a good place to start

Is this a swamp - muddy - 50k or how is the course? 

Last year was the first time they held the race.  It was muddy because of the rains we had around the time they held the race.  Winner came in at around 8 hours.  It is a trail that has grass and flat sections, roots, rocks, and maybe a mud pit (not clear from the course map whether the mud pit is for the 50K or the 50 miler, or both.  It's not as technical as other trails I've done, but not an easy trail either.

Here is the website link:

http://evergladesultras.com/

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And I never introduced myself.  I've done 9 marathons and close to 20 HMs, 2 of them on technical trails.  I run mostly on roads, so this ultra is going to be hard for me.  I cannot wait!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sandy-2

Just wanted to say Hi.  I'm also a RW trail drop-out.  I typically hang out in the "trail area", but will pop over to Ultras every once in a while...  if it's ok.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

xor

Just wanted to say Hi.  I'm also a RW trail drop-out.  I typically hang out in the "trail area", but will pop over to Ultras every once in a while...  if it's ok.

Of course it is ok.

meganc

Hi all.

I was mostly a lurker on RW who posted once in a while.  Ran my first 50k last month (Dogwood Canyon), three half marathons, one full.  One of each planned for next year and maybe upping it to a 50 miler (Frisco fifty?).

Samurai in Training

Good morning and thanks for the warm welcome.  I wouldn't say I'm an ultra runner any more.  I will be back though since it is the only way to impress Mandy.  I live to impress Mandy Big grin

BenTN

I'm another RWOL refugee.

I've been running 5 years with 4 years at 3,000 miles per year. Mid 50 y/o and slow. 6 ultras (2-LBL 60K, 2-RUTS 10hr., GA Jewel 35M and Cumberland Trail 50K). Currently recovering from the Flying Monkey marathon and tapering for my first 50M at Lookout Mountain 12/15.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning and thanks for the warm welcome.  I wouldn't say I'm an ultra runner any more.  I will be back though since it is the only way to impress Mandy.  I live to impress Mandy Big grin

It's my 100 mile man!  Will you be piggybacking me at LBL if I'm still injured?

Running is dumb.

RaiderGwen

Another RWOL refugee, although I never posted in that ultra forum, just lurked.

I'm a triathlete, but with my most recent race behind me (IMAZ) I'm hanging up my goggles and shifting to ultra running.

Plan is for a 50k in late July maybe something longer in the fall.  

"The best day is today, even if it's kind of a sucky day."  - Lazarus Lake

Samurai in Training

It's my 100 mile man!  Will you be piggybacking me at LBL if I'm still injured?

I'm puffing out my chest and flexing a bicep.  

Thank you for the welcome! 

There goes the neighborhood

Shouldn't you be baking or something?

Big grin

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Gray Runner

Running Bear

Howdy.  I will try to post more often here.  Got disenchanted with RWOL after the first spam gate.  Trying to make 2013 a big year, but we'll see.  

Upcoming races:  
                              Mt. Cheaha 50K 2/22
                              Georgia Death race 100K 3/15-16
                              Sweetwater 50K 4/12
                              Cruel Jewel 100 5/16-17
                              Make It By Midnight FM 7/XX
                              H9 50 mile 8/9
                              Georgia Jewel 100 9/27
                              Pacing at Pinhoti 100 11/XX
                              Dunkin Ridge Trail 50K 11/XX
                              Lookout Mtn 50 mile 12/20

Trail Dog

I never really posted on the RW Ultra forum, but I'm a recent RW migrant (Amanda in ATL) and an ultrarunner so I figure I may as well throw my hat into the ring over here.