Ultra Runners

Drop Bags (Read 682 times)

DoppleBock

Nice race ...  Notching another ultra-win!

Thanks for everyone's advise.  My original intent was to just mainly count on the aid station food but changed my mind after hearing most of you bring your own. I ended up bringing more food than I had planned and was very glad I did. The aid stations had no food until I was about 50k into the race.  I was able to eat a lot early in the race, but towards the latter part of the race started to get a queasy stomach and was worried about tossing my cookies.

The weather was perfect and it was a really nice trail, with great people.  First time running with a headlight also so that was fun.  I ordered it online and it came in 2 days ago.  So other than using it to barbecue in the dark it was my first time using it at all.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Nice race ...  Notching another ultra-win!

Thanks DB,  I'll take it for sure, but there were maybe 20 runners at the start.

I am really having a blast with the trail running and ultra scene.  Some very nice people involved in these events.

Excellent race!  and whether there were 20 competitors or 500, your pace was pretty damn respectable! 

Thanks DB,  I'll take it for sure, but there were maybe 20 runners at the start.

I am really having a blast with the trail running and ultra scene.  Some very nice people involved in these events.

The King of Beasts

this is great advice on drop bags.

thanks

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”