Virtual Racers

Virtual Racers Update (Read 758 times)

Go Pre!

I will add in the alternative race distances...last chance to request it here, do so soon! So far I have requests for 4 mile and 15K...anything else? I haven't got the womens records coded yet. Unfortunately with it being database driven, I may have to edit every race entry with a male/female value...yuck, data entry. I will probably just hand code this for now. I didn't get around to coding the image upload either but there didn't seem to be any interest in that. I was thinking we should have a photo contest. Take a picture of your favorite training route. Users here can vote and the winner wins....bragging rights Smile This weekend is the deadline for Virtual Races. Monday midnight to be exact. Remember, you can enter any time from within the last 3 weeks and up to Monday night. It can be a real race, part of a race or a training run, or part of a training run. peace daddyo

Marquess of Utopia

20K! Big grin The mile would be a fun VR; I would think it would be fun to encourage everyone to run one mile on their local track every month and post their times. Cool

Go Pre!

I agree, it would be fun to have a mile-off! Can I be Canadian and post my K time as a mile? Big grin

Marquess of Utopia

I agree, it would be fun to have a mile-off! Can I be Canadian and post my K time as a mile? Big grin
          That would be a sick fast mile what do you run your K in? Sub 3:30 mile? lol. Wink But seriously I was wondering if it should be mile or 1600m or 1609m. This idea was totally inspired by Alan Webb's new american record!
          Wingz

Professional Noob

"Mile-off" sounds like a great idea! Big grin Might even inspire me to PR... never having raced a mile before... Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

Da mile and 8k (metric 5mile).

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Go Pre!

Done - See new post - 'New Distances'
                  I'm trying to add my name to the list and it's giving me an error about mis-typing the validation code. I have tried a bunch of times with no luck. Any ideas?

sean

Go Pre!

add your time under the name - 'daddyo' and I will change it shortly. Just got back from a long run and I need a rest!

Go Pre!

I have fixed the 'add name' form.
                        Thanks! I think I missed the deadline this month, though... Sad It was a 5k / 21:13 / Official / PR if you can still add it.

sean

Go Pre!

done