Womens Running

Wiley Weekend Women (Over 40) (Read 21 times)

You know who you are....

Miss posting but earlier leave house for school time coupled with dh's later work start time makes me miss morning sit down at computer time.

PT seems to now be going better and knee is making improvement after a month of PT. It was sore Thursday after the 60*% weight run on it. Friday only put me at 50% and let me run for only 20 minutes. No issues. Kaite's school had their homecoming game last night. She's been staying after each day to work on the class "float", ie decorated car. Was cute. They have a parade before the game. She's doing well in HS and needs to figure out just what she will join. I encourage her to check out anything but pretty sure that doing Show Choir, Forensics, Drama Club along with sports (rec league soccer currently) may be much. Forensics is demanding since the team has been state champs last 2 years so just depends how flexible the other things are. I think they are so she might pull it off. Work has been incredibly busy too.

Off To Chicago on Monday for Northwestern job fair on Tuesday.

Karen-hope you don't end up getting sick.

Camille-sorry to hear about your mom.  hope she's back to picking peas soon!

Damaris-my PT is running Chicago too.. I'll tell her to say Hi to you. LOL

Marjorie=-has wife visited your home before? could change dynamics for good, or for bad. hope the former.

Sue-good luck on Sunday at Augusta!

Carol-awesome that you can feel the difference! Feeling stronger on runs is an amazing feeling.

Judy-crock pot meals are great! We tend to use ours in the summer too a lot so that whole house doesn't get heated up.

Tessa-you go girl...running in your sports top! You are thin enough to pull it off, not sure why the worry. Heck, pretty much anything can be done when done with confidence.

Everyone keeps asking me how I feel about the Detroit Marathon on the 20th.  I know I'll go to packet pickup and pretty sure that I'll toe the line (in furthest back corral) but we'll see how far I walk. I've told others that once you make failure an option than you never really fail and anything is possible so we'll see. I know I won't do the whole thing and highly unlikely I'll do the half but start line I can do.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 8 miles tonight.

Lisa, glad to hear PT is helping.  Hope it takes out the rest of the pain away.

Have a great day, all!

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2. Now doggie pool

Lisa glad the PT going better. Nope wife has never been here. Since I didn't even meet her until April this year and they got married in June they haven't had a chance to be here yet

Morning Damaris.

Karen I'm sure you will do well getting that time for your goal race

Marjorie

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

7.5 foggy miles this morning, had to get out fairly early to have time to take DS 2 to his soccer game.  Eating lunch now, then heading out to a pumpkin farm/cider mill.  The only good thing about DS 1 broken arm is our Saturday afternoons are open Smile

Lisa - glad to hear the PT is going well!!

Damaris - have a great 8 miles

Hey Marjorie - enjoy your day!

4 more work days - one of the new case managers (they hired 2) has quit after two weeks.  I know her a bit and she texted me last night to tell  me what was going on, she is 'spot on' with her observations.  She's going back to NC as her hubby was staying back to try and sell the house.  She knows she's burning bridges but realizes she will never want to return.   I was in hysterics last night reading her texts.  The other gal is a young fresh out of college girl, she's doesn't get the politics and bull sh!! so she'll probably work out for a year or two, until she gets smarter about that stuff.  All I can do is laugh....Big grin

Anonymous Guest

Hi all,

An easy 5 miles this morning. The three stress fractures I was pretty certain I had in my shins last night have magically disappeared with a good night's sleep and an easy run. Ah, taper madness, you've come early this year. I have absolutely no plans today and am enjoying it.

Lisa, glad PT is helping and the knee is finally seeing progress. Sounds like Kaite is handling the transition to high school well.

Morning Damaris!

Marjorie, a double digit run from you doesn't narrow it down, but if it's puppy pool, it must be Saturday! Enjoy.

Laura, so glad you are almost out of your crappy work situation. Hearing horror stories about my former workplace yesterday made me realize once again how cool it was that when the CEO of my new job narrowed it down to 3 candidates for my job, she had us interview with everyone else on staff because working together is so important to them as an organization.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

LisaMMR - I'm am so happy for your runs you are able to do at PT...sounds like they know what they are doing!  Exciting to at least start DFP!!!  I have such great memories of it from last year, wish I was doing it again this year!  Glad Kaite is figuring out high school.

Marjorie - The visit will be "interesting" I'm sure!

LCruns - Geez, I have been in Gladwin almost every week-end for the last few....I feel like LA is my week-end getaway Smile  Was there today again to finalize some things....it was so pretty up there today!  Crazy that someone has already quit at your office!  Bet you are counting to days!

Damaris - Enjoy your 8 tonight!

Karen - Too funny about your imaginary stress fractures LOL...glad they are gone!

More wedding things today...so no running, but have my last 20 miler tomorrow woohoo!

Carol

Happy Saturday, wiley women.  Ran 21 this morning with DH.  Gorgeous sunny day today.  Hopefully it will continue tomorrow for the Half Moon Bay marathon.  I'm in charge of an aid station located at mile 21 on the way to a turnaround and mile 23 on the way back to the finish. Several RC friends will be running so it will be fun to cheer them on.  Currently planted in front of the TV watching college football but my team is not doing well.  I have such first world problems.

Lisa, glad you're seeing improvement in the knee.  Hoping it continues so you can get in a few miles on the 20th (but don't over do it!).

Damaris, taper time for Chicago?

Marjorie, hope the pups enjoyed the pool.  What's the favorite toy du jour?

LC, pumpkin farm trip sounds fun.  DS1's arm healing up okay?

Karen, glad the stress fractures were a figment of your taper madness.  Enjoy your day of no plans.

Carol, have a great 20 miler tomorrow and enjoy the wedding planning.

Waves to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

No run for me today; DH and I went to Charlotte for the bat mitzvah of the daughter of a college friend, and I would have had to get up super early to run, so I did my 9 miles yesterday with a friend.

The good news is, I got to see Amy! She teaches at the temple where the bat mitzvah was held, and she knew I was coming, so she came out to the service. It's the first one I've ever been to, and it was really an interesting and beautiful experience.

Lisa - glad the PT seems to finally be kicking in! Take it easy at DFP, though.

Damaris - I hope you got at least a bit of a break in the weather.

Marjorie - I hope the impending visit goes well.

Laura - almost done with the lousy job! Kind of sad that one of the new people quit already.

Karen - hope you're enjoying the no-plans day. That's one of the down sides of the kids' activities - I feel like they don't have nearly enough "free play" time.

Carol - you are definitely in the throes of wedding planning! Good luck with tomorrow's 20.

Off to make something for tomorrow's church pot luck lunch. It's mandarin orange "salad" - cottage cheese, mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, orange jello, cool whip, and pecans. Yum. Have a great night-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Gatsby the toy today was a purple octipus. It is his favorite. He got very very excited when they pulled it out. Jumping up and down before they could even get his jacket on him. He wouldn't drop it and kept it in his mouth even when he got out and I was drying him off.

Marjorie

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I have been trying to get online since I got home from the bat mitzvah this afternoon, but one thing and another, and it's already nearly 9 PM! It was great to see Cindy and her DH. I hope their experience at my synagogue was a good one. Her friend's daughter was just magnificent!

I haven't been running lately, as I have had some kind of gluteal/hamstring issue. I am keeping it rested for another few days before I try running again.

I have been at least trying to keep up with everybody via FB. I know Karen has a new job and Lisa has been running in zero gravity or something high-tech like that.

I hope everyone else is doing fine. I will be back soon!

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

runlikeagirl18

Gatsby - I didn't mean to skip you before! I hope you have a great day for working your aid station tomorrow.

Amy - we had a very nice time today, and it was great to see you.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Good morning all!  Enjoying a second cup of coffee and thinking of my RC friends toeing the line for the 7:00 am start of our local marathon today.  I ran into Bart Yasso yesterday, the marathon MC.  Refrained from taking a photo although he was very pleasant and nice about chatting with everyone and would not have minded, I'm sure.  My sister is also in town this weekend for her 25th HS reunion (how can that be?  Oh, wait, I guess mine was a couple of years ago...) so DH and I will go up to Dad's house for dinner with the family after we wrap up the aid station.   And then bring sister to the airport for her red-eye back to Atlanta tonight.

Cindy and Amy, how fun that you ran into each other yesterday!

Marjorie, I love the purple octopus too and I've never even seen it, haha.

Have a great day everyone.  Will try to stop by later!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

21.3 miles. Now to just do what ever....

Gatsby reunions come fast don't they?

Laura you start your new job soon don't you?

Karen hope taper madness dissipates soon

Carol interesting is one way to put it. I'm sure it will be fine.

Hi Amy. Hope the glut hammy issue goes away.

Marjorie

Rollie and I are becoming fast friends again... along with Bandie.  Played with each first then headed to gym for 25 minutes on arc rider where I had heart rate up near 160 for pretty much entire time. Then 25 on the elliptical with heart rate in the 140's. Then 25 on the bike at fairly easy level as I returned emails.. looked up and had gone over so ended up doing 30 minutes that I'll assume was in 120's since that's where heart rate was when I checked it at the end. DD's has rec league soccer this afternoon in the rain. Fun times.

Off to Chicago tomorrow.

Gatsby-thanks for volunteering!

Marjorie-nice miles!

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

It was a good morning. Drove the hour over to Manassas, VA for the 5th annual Cody's Crew 5K. Caught up with some former Masters posters: Mickey (DeckApe from RWOL) and his wife, Kate (feetdontfailmenow on RWOL) and her three boys, and Ros (dtc on RWOL). Warmed up a little over 3 miles on the high school track, and then took off. It was sunny and 50 degrees. My 5 miler two weeks ago said I should be able to run a 5K at a 6:49 pace, so I thought I'd give that a try. First two miles were 6:50 and 6:51. The third mile is a long uphill, plus at the turnaround I saw I'd put a good bit of distance between myself and the next female, so one or both of those factors gave me a 3rd mile at 7:03. The course was a little long (it's basically an out and back, so there wasn't a lot of hitting the tangents needed). I ran the last 0.2 by my garmin at a 5:53 pace, ending up with a 21:53. That's a minute faster than last year, and an average 6:51 pace! I'll take it. And even better, no super-speedy chicks showed up, so I ended up first overall female! Fourth overall.

Carol, hope today's 20 went well for you.

Gatsby, nice 21! Have fun volunteering today.

Cindy and Amy, so cool you got to see each other yesterday. Amy, hope you get your glute/hammy issue figured out.

Lisa, maybe it's just the way I'm reading your posts in my head, but PT and running and working out and even Rollie seems to have improved your mood lately. Funny how that works.

Marjorie, I can't remember, are you doing a fall marathon? I was thinking you were, but can't remember which one....

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel