Womens Running

Wednesdailies.... National cinnamon roll day (Read 11 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Yes please.i love cinnamon rolls even though my tongue often trips saying the word.

No fog today so it was a nice run outside.  5 miles

Margaret....I don't even like working my 40 hour weeks. No way in hell would I consent to 80. I do not need money that bad.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

Sigh. Yesterday was another rest day. We were camped in Montrose awaiting our service appointment to fix the van today. Monday was cold, rainy and windy and all I have out here are shorts and short sleeves/singlets, so I couldn't make myself leave the van and run. Yesterday looked great. Then DH realized the date they gave him was NEXT Wednesday, not today. You know, next Wednesday when we will already be back in Texas? He talked to the guy, who agreed to squeeze us in yesterday if we could leave the van all day, possibly into the next day. We found some dog-friendly hotels, then showed up early the next morning. Of course check in wouldn't be until 3-4 that afternoon, so we got out our chairs and our dogs and set up in their parking lot. Luckily they finished around 3 yesterday afternoon, so we were able to drive the 3.5 hours back to our place in Pagosa. But that meant no running. Will run as far as I can today and tomorrow, before we spend two days driving home.

At least the drive back was nice. Spectacular scenery (some pics on fb that were taken either through the windshield or out my window).

Now we are heading to the post office to get a key to our mailbox here before we leave. Did I ever tell you guys our mail carrier didn't know we picked up the key FROM THE POST OFFICE at the beginning of the summer, hasn't been delivering our mail (except for the occasional thing that slipped through), and then changed the lock on our box right before we left for three weeks of camping? Yeah, that was annoying. Anyway, they called about a week into our trip and told us we have new keys waiting. Just in time for us to pack up and leave here.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 6 with speedwork after work. First day back in person and I'm glad that Monday is a holiday and I took Wednesday too. Ha.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with 3 tempo. Mile 2 was a little slower due to traffic lights, but this is probably the best tempo work I've done in 5 years.

BerthaSlayer,  yea, I am fine with 40, especially with 3 days wfh, no way would I do more.

AnonymousGuest,  wow, that all sounds frustrating.

Docket,  so you're off next Wednesday? Does that mean only 1 in person day?

Hello!!  Three miles this morning with Scamp. He was happy to be home and running!

We got home from Toronto last night.  Had a great trip.  Spent lots of time w stepdaughter and her BF --  he asked if he could marry her--so sweet!  Also got to see my cousin and meet his wife. Haven't seen him in 20-25 years or so. Was great to catch up.  Niagara Falls was fabulous!!!  And we did LOTS of walking!!!

OMG--we were on the flight to Toronto and the Air BNB emailed DH and told us they had double booked and would we like to stay somewhere else???  We were SO PISSED!!!  DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING WITH TRINITY SUITES !!!!!  We did get a full refund, but will write a nasty review on their website.

We were able to get into the Hilton, so whew!

Work did not implode while I was gone, and apparently we missed the govt shutdown for now.

Check y'all later!

Half Crazy K 2.0

CrazySue, we're you on the Canada side of Niagara Falls? We were just up there 2 weeks ago and stayed at the Hilton.  We probably should have sprung for an upgraded room. Our room had the smallest window ever and was tight. Oh, the elevators were also an experience.  I hate being crammed in. Congrats to your stepdaughter and now fiance.

Anonymous Guest

One of DH's friends (that we were camping with and left us both speechless at one point when he calmly stated that covid wasn't real, I mean I knew he was anti-vax and sent DH a lot of tiktok videos of conspiracy shit, but still) says the emergency alert is going to send out a signal that kills all the vaccinated. So good knowing you all, I guess? 3 minutes to go!

ETA: it was two minutes early, the sneaky bastards! Anyway, still alive, so I guess I'll go for a run.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel