Womens Running

Plaidurday Friday (dailies) (Read 19 times)

Wear those Pineland shirts!

Lisa

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

18+ for me this morning. The last 14 miles were at MP. Well, adjusted.

That. Was. So. Hard. (that’s what she said). 73 degrees with the dewpoint at 71 and a feels like 80. STICKY. I adjusted the MP to be around 10:00. After the first mile that seemed to be fine. Whenever I looked at my watch it was right around 9:47-9:50 but Strava said I had a few 10+ runs in there. Weird. Did my watch lie?! Anyway, it sucked. Whenever I would drink water or fuel I had to stop because I would just get out of breath. I felt like a smoker again (237 days CLEAN 😉 ). Tough run but its done. I guess its safe to say I am sticking with the marathon option for Richmond. I have one more big run and then 4 week taper. I think after the honeymoon I will feel better physically and mentally. Rest may do my speed some good!

Took some stuff for my stomach this morning but that didn’t help. Took some more and still isn’t helping. This humidity is just KILLER to my digestive system haha. TMI.

Working a half day then heading down to the beach! Super excited for a weekend with the girls! I have a feeling something is going to happen with work..seems like it always does when I want to head out early. Taking my laptop in case.

I love plaid!!!! Coziest thing ever. I actually bought a few when I went on my Old Navy binge last weekend.

Run4kupcakes – Nice run yesterday! ITS HERE! FALL is arriving today and its so exciting.

Lisa – Oh NO!!! I hope you feel better soon!!

Happy FriYAY!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

TGIF!!  I took a rest day today. Needed that extra hour of sleep.

I think my boss is out of the office today. Woohoo!!!  I can work on another project that needs my attention.

Lisa--hope you feel better soon.

Lizzie--enjoy your weekend!!!

Have a great day everyone!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

If only they gave me the right size Pinelands shirt...

Lisa, I hope your cold is gone, or at least stayed in your head.  Mine moved into my chest.  Congestion and crud.  Yuck.

Haven't been out in a few days, so as soon as my coffee is done I am hitting the streets.   Coughing up stuff, so I don't know how it will work.

Not much else up with me.  I've been kinda mellow since getting sick.  Work was OK this week.  I offered to pick up a few shifts in Oct/Nov, I could use the cash.  I decided to go on another trip, but not until Oct 2021.  I can't afford to go financially or with time off in 2020.  My travel guy says people are actually already putting their names down for 2021.  I just thought I was nutty.  Madagascar.  Lemurs!!!  Max of 10 people.

Tumblers are going well.  I get my second cup turner today, YAY!  I am very behind actually finishing the cups.  I get halfway and want to see how the next one looks.

OK, it is still quite dark out, I will catch up some from yesterday,

Lizzie, wahoo on the bachelorette weekend!  Have a blast.  I'd say hang onto the marathon decision for a bit.  And I agree - no running on your honeymoon - whoever said you just get one is right.  See how you feel after that.  No rush into the decision.  Funny you know EXACTLY how many days without smoking!!!

Sue, was it your boss with the early morning message?  Uhm, no.

Damaris, YAY for Indy.  Can't believe the heat followed you. Rest assured, this winter will be crazy different.

Sandy, gloves?  Take a break for a week or two on the house search.  They will still be there.  Nice you are doing TCM again, thanks!

Cathy, bummer about DD's meets.

Karen, nice runs.  Our fall starts next week as well.  Some mid 80 temps with overnights in the low 60's.  Possibly even high 50's.  Never thought we would ever see those temps again.

HCK, sounds like the hottest day was at least short lived.

Damn, it is still dark out.   I guess because sunrise isn't for another 20 minutes!  HAH!  I was awake early, so I decided to take advantage of it and get up for some miles.

Guess I might as well get dressed.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  It's my Friday off (they switched Fridays here and I managed two back to back Fridays off, ha) and was planning on running this morning but I feel like a truck ran me over.  Not sure why...

I have 6 and will do them tonight.

Lisa, I have some plaid but nice ones.  Not all plaid is made equal.

Liz, great job in that soup.

Susan, yay. Hope you have a nice quiet non-boss day.

Kat, hope you get your Madagascar trip set.

Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friyay!  Rest day for me today.  Meeting my sis for lunch tomorrow, her birthday is Sunday.  Sunday I have a little marathon to run.    Working from home today, taking the car in to check out a flat tire.  Boo!  DD did run in her XC meet yesterday afternoon, it was a smaller meet, about 9 schools.  She finished first for her school and 38th overall.  Full disclosure, the 7th grader that normally finishes in the top 20 for DD's school and finishes first for the school did not run yesterday.    DD enjoyed running in temps under 80.    About 45 degrees this morning, BRRR!  I need to go to Goodwill and get some disposable clothes for my race.  Gave my last disposable sweatshirt away at Glass City.  Or maybe I should look for a bathrobe, ala Laura.  

Lisa, flannel plaid is the best.  Though it is the absolute best for bedsheets!    I hope you are feeling better!  I had no idea that Gu made socks.  

Liz, wow, that was an awesome run!  I think you will be fine for the marathon in Richmond.    Who are we kidding, you're a marathoner!    I have noticed that sometimes Garmin and Strava don't match up exactly for the lap paces.  Weird.  Maybe something with the moving time vs elapsed time?  I was wearing 3 layers this morning.  It was 86 a few days ago!  Have an awesome weekend!

Kat, are you feeling better?  Madagascar would be amazing!

Damaris, ouch!  Been there, done that.    Though for me, it's usually completely smooth sidewalk and my feet are the issue...

Karen, haha, apparently 20 miles is a taper run for you according to your Garmin.  Now go out and race a marathon!    Exciting about the condo.  And fall weather coming to Texas.  

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sue, enjoy your day off!!

Damaris, ouch on the knee.  Have a good 6 tonight, preferably without blood...

Cathy, for the life of me I cannot remember which marathon you are running...  Good luck of course!

I suppose I am feeling somewhat better. Coughing fit waited till I got home.  I got a total of 10 in.  I had to go back to the house at 6 and eat something, I was desperately hungry.  Went back out for another 4 as planned.  Nice and cool 80...

Not sure of my plans today, I picked up some yesterday as I have a friend coming over next week, maybe today I will clean now that I can see things.

And nap.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

I am a fan of plaid, but why are we talking about plaid when today is National Taco Day? And coincidentally, I am planning on making tacos for dinner.

13 this morning. I was originally planning 16, then decided before I started to cut it to 14 since I'm ahead on my weekly mileage. Then when it started getting hot, and I had nothing to eat or drink except water from water fountains along the way (yep, not thinking real clear when I left the house this morning), I decided 13 was enough. Still on track for 70 for the week.

Lisa, bummer on the cold. The hard effort and associated whatever the hell was wrong probably didn't help your immune system this last month either. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Liz, I am super impressed with your run. I saw that on Strava right before I left to go run and was just blown away. That effort in those conditions is really good. Now go have fun at the beach!

Susan, enjoy the rest day and even better, day without the boss.

Kathryn, Madagascar! Wow. That will be amazing. Supposedly we are getting a cold front Monday, then another one later in the week, which should get us into the mid 50s for morning temps. Just in time for the 10 mile race. I was beginning to wonder if we were ever going to see temps below 70 again.

Damaris, sigh. Be careful out there. That's why I rarely run on sidewalks. My neighbors probably get annoyed, but between uneven sidewalks which cause trips and falls, cars parked in their drives blocking the sidewalk, people walking dogs on those stupid retractable leashes.....I'll take my chances on the road. I do jump onto the sidewalk if there are cars parked on both sides of the street, but then get right back on the road.

Cathy, it's marathon weekend!!!!!!! Congrats to DD on her placement at the XC meet. After this morning's run, I'm no longer peaking apparently - back to recovery.

While I was typing all this, my lender called. Going through the final things preparing for closing next week. They had to go way back in our account to find the earnest money deposit, because we keep using the same title company and they just move the money from the original wire transfer from one contract to the next. And when they went back, they saw a bunch of Goldman Sachs deposits and want an explanation of what those are and where they came from. Me: Um, I had some CDs and I cashed them in to make sure we had enough cash on hand. So I had to go back and find the final statements and email them to our lender. So this post has taken me a very long time to finish!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

Happy Friday!

4.2 this morning.  I haven't run since last Saturday.  Dealing with some stomach issue all week, which I thought might have been a UTI, but it seems to be okay now.  So weird.

Massage this morning, too.  I wish I could afford to go weekly!

Homecoming this weekend, DS is going but DD has opted out.  Not sure why, though she and her college boyfriend broke up a few weeks ago (mutual due to the distance).  I should have some Facebook pics tomorrow!

Lisa - I like plaid shirts and that one is really cute!

Lizzie - GREAT run, especially in those conditions!  Have so much fun on your girls weekend!

Sue - extra sleep is always nice! Hope your work day goes quickly!!

Kat - ugh, sorry you're sick, those dang coughs seem to hang on forever!  Madagascar sounds awesome!

Damaris - how's the new job going?  Enjoy your Friday off.  and OUCH!!

Cathy - Great job to DD!!  I can't wait to hear about your marathon!  YOu are going to Sandy's for it, right?  I know we talked about it in Glass City but it seemed so far away, LOL!

Older DD coming home later today for a quick 24 hour visit, we'll probably go out tomorrow for her belated birthday.  Will be nice to see her!

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Seems you are getting back to feeling like yourself again!!!

Lizzie - Wow on the run this morning!  I think sticking with the full will work just fine for you.  Weddings are stressful, so I’m sure when that is over and you can just relax on your honeymoon you will great!  You have had a good training cycle!

Cathy - Woohoo on your Marathon...you have had quite a training cycle too!!!  Can’t wait to hear about it!  LOL on Laura’s robe...I can’t believe we didn’t get a picture of her!

Sue - Yay for boss being out of office!

Kat - Madagascar.....wow!  Sounds exciting.  Hope you start feeling better!

Karen - How exciting on the condo!!!  70 miles in a week...Great job!!!

Laura - Bummer on the stomach issue!  Sounds like a fun/busy weekend for you!

Damarias - Oh my gosh, I bet that fall hurt!  Sidewalks can be evil!

10 miles this morning with RB’s...it was chilly.  In the 40’s and then I couldn’t get warm when I got home.  Went from hot and humid weather to cool and damp.  Went to cycle/weights class yesterday and the normal instructor wasn’t there....had the instructor from he#$...OMG...i have taken her classes before and usually avoid if she is teaching, but I was already on the bike when she walked in so I was trapped 

Carol

dhuffman63

Trails

Karen we had a low of 53 this morning so you and Kat should get it soon.  You can thank the Anti Money Laundering laws for the questions about the deposits.  Banks get nervous when they see unusual transactions.  You can thank the crooks using the Panama area for that too.

If you really want to know about the underhanded things politicians, super rich people and others of loose morals read The Panama Papers.

5k tomorrow with the family at the Tulsa Zoo...68 at the start...woohoo.

My boss could not stand it---had a webex right after I posted. Her mother was napping....sheesh!!!!  take the day off already!!

Anonymous Guest

Got an email that I was not chosen for the job I interviewed for. That's okay. The person they chose does sound like they have more and better experience than I do. And now I can hope for the part-time job, which would be better anyway!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Got an email that I was not chosen for the job I interviewed for. That's okay. The person they chose does sound like they have more and better experience than I do. And now I can hope for the part-time job, which would be better anyway!

Sad I'm sorry.

And yes, from now on, it will be path or road.  Just like I wanted.  In fact, the speedwork would've gone better in those.

Damaris

Bikerchick1

Karen - Bummer, but agree, I think you would be much happier with PT.