Womens Running

happy birthday Jen (Saturday) - Supermoms (Read 220 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 9 miles with Sam.

TR - I had an obsession with sporks in my 20's.  B saw one and said FORK FORK! I tried to correct him, but then he said "SPUNK!" um...yeah.

FR - extended family lunch at MIL's in London, ON.

NRR - so glad the world didn't end..I'm going to enjoy my new phone (UPS guy got to my house literally 2 minutes after I got home from work yesterday), I get my nail polishes today and I'm getting a new car at the beginning of January...it has an ass warmer!!! Smile  Please don't think I am that shallow and material, but I do get excited by such things.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

Good morning! 

RR - 18k long run

BR - We got quite a bit of snow last night, so we'll probably take her out on her sleigh today

NRR - Party tonight at RP's house. It's within walking distance, so I'm sure DH and I will both have a few cocktails Big grin My mother is coming over this afternoon...she's been on a streak of complaining about e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. lately, so I will be needing those cocktails by the time I get to the party! 

Zorbs - LOL at "SPUNK!"  I guess you'll just let him call them forks for now, eh? The new car with the ass warmer sounds sweet! I want one of those! 

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Ernie - where do you live? I am in burlington and we got zero snow.  Are you training for any races?  I'm pacing 2:15 at the Chilly Half, and then Around the Bay and probably Mississauga Marathon.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

Erniegirl

Zorbs - I'm in a small town about an hour north of Toronto. We're pretty much on the same weather system as Barrie, so we get quite a bit of snow. I'm doing the Chilly Half!! That's so cool that you are going to be a pace bunny - have you done that before? I'm not sure what my goal is for Chilly yet. Is it a pretty flat course? I did a hilly half in November and finished in 1:44:57. Have you done Around the Bay and marathons before? Both are definitely on my list of races to do eventually. 

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Ernie - I lived in Newmarket for 17 years and still go up there on a fairly regular basis to visit friends.

It is quiet here on weekends, we are usually posting on FB, where we have a group, if you want to PM me your real name, I'll add you to the group.

BermyHorse

RR: just got back from SOLO 5m - yes, alone - and you can actually use your arms when running! what a difference that makes to not schlepping a stroller! Or running singing "old Macdonald" or reading "That's not my monster its ears are too tufty" or pointing out 400 things. My fm training programme is a real tease cos after my srd yesterday I was feeling all peppy (well, first mile or so was a bit sore, but soon left me) and then speed-loving-bermy-horse thought "Hhhmmm, I could tank this as my garmin was reading 7.45min/miles...: and then the other LR fm voice popped up and said "you have 11m to run tomorrow with stroller... be warned". I listened to the latter and settled into some very comfortable miles at 8.30-8.45min/mile pace.

NRR: had two showers already today. Gotta be a good day. Watching a movie (Taken 2) as DH works next to me and DS is napping. Gonna get some patchwork done I think. What an exciting life I lead. Oh we went to the zoo this morning. That was fun as a family.

BR: Napping. Cute as can be.

FR: made a batch of tosca reno carrot and raisin muffins, cleaneating cookbook1 raisin and oatmeal cookies, cranberry sauce, roasted all the pumpkin (my huge 30 dollar halloween pumpkin from the field down the road) for soup. Xmas cooking is looking good.

zorbs - enjoy your 9m - yeah! Sounds lovely. Hope the IL meal is ok. what is your opinion on pace groups? As in, when I do a fm, shall I use one?

ernie - enjoy your party tonight! wearing something cute?

jen - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Leahto3

Jen: Happy Birthday!

Zorbs: a$$ warmers are nice! my friend has one

Ernie: I am doing the chilly half too.  I did it last year as well. I am from London but live in Northern Quebec now.  We'll go visit my mom for the school break, then run the HM and drive home right after.   

Bermy:  I love solo running.  I ran all summer with the single or double. I ran 2 or 3 weeks ago in the snow with the single and it was quite hard.  

RR:  we have way too much snow.  I can shovel and then 3 hours later there is another 5 inches on the ground.  I think I will do a snowshoe run. Never tried that though.